Turn on thread page Beta

I'm currently trying to write an introduction for a piece of A2 psychology coursework on attractiveness. I am using personal ads from various newspapers to prove the alt. hypothesis: men look for superficial characteristics in their partners, whereas women look for stabilty.

I've got sum info on psychologists Buss and Davis, but wud appriciate sum guidance as to where to look for content for my intro.

Any websites anyone knows about 4 the sociobiological theory wud be useful too!

'[email protected]'

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i don't know much on the subject, and this post is going to degrade into a rant about how not all males look for superficial characteristics, and how i, at least, am offended by that generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    iluvatar - there is evidence to suggest that the hypothesis above is true. you may be offended by it; it does not change the fact. for instance: being offended by the fact that chocolate is fattening is not really reasonable now, is it?

thread-starter: i was researching my own coursework about a week ago - 'a correlational study to investigate the relationship between the attractiveness of a person and the attractiveness of the person they would choose as their partner' and came up with a slideshow at http://www.psych.ohiou.edu/people/gr...Attraction.ppt
    (see baize and schroeder 1995) hope this helps

xxx

ReputationRep:
    website address not copied correctly:

www.psych.ohiou.edu/people/grads/ handley/Attraction.ppt

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.