Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    I have just been introduced to GCSE's at school. We are having a Spanish writing exam on Monday and If we want we can put it forward for our GCSE's which I want to do. So I was wondering what would I have to include in it to get a high grade. The writing exam is about holidays and at the moment I have included past, future, conditional and present tense and I have included opinions. is there anything else you recommend adding?

much thanks
    jess

ReputationRep:
    I am in year ten, and did my French GCSE two years early (in year 9) and got an A*, and I am now learning Spanish for the first time ever so I am no expert, however, from doing French, I know which things get you the good marks. In your writing, aim to have all of these at least once: four tenses at least (in my French I had 6 or 7 tenses I think - the more the merrier), a negative, opinions, comparatives, qualifiers, changes in subject - not always 'I', use 'we' or 'he', complex sentence structure, complex vocabulary - if you take away one thing from this answer, let it be this: use as many tenses as possible. They bump up your grade easily. This probably wasn't very helpful, but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.