Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your biggest pet peeves? watch

ReputationRep:
    One of my biggest pet peeves are seeing people with dry hands, cracked/crusty feet or dry skin in general. I don't know why but I just can't stand it. Moisturising is essential for me because I like soft skin. Sorry for ranting but yeah what are some of your biggest annoyances??
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    -people not replacing the toilet paper
    -people dumping stuff on my desk ALL the freaking time
    -people not using their car indicators
    -pedestrians who walk directly behind you car just as you start to reverse
    -"unexpected item in bagging area"
    -when it starts raining cats and dogs predictably JUST as I'm about to leave the house
    -losing socks and thus ending up with giant sacks full of odd socks
    -when people don't separate their pants from their trousers before throwing their clothes in the washing basket
    -spending ages cooking a meal only to then have people grumbling that they didn't want that for dinner
    -neighbours
    -people, just people in general, I'm not a people person - most people annoy me in some way or other, apart from my family
    -people who type "could of"

ReputationRep:
    Dry mouth noises
    Eating with your mouth open
    Talking while eating
    Slamming your knife and fork on your plate thinking your Dave Grohl
    NHS Receptionists

ReputationRep:
    Spitting while you talk
    People leaving a room w/out closing the door on their way out

ReputationRep:
    People who stand in doorways.

ReputationRep:
    The sound of scratching against polystyrene and velvet material

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slow walkers - fine if elderly or particularly young but when you're on a narrow path, can't overtake and people walk at a ****ing snail's pace it gets old, fast.

ReputationRep:
    1. People taking over the whole pavement, especially narrow ones (if I had a tank, I'd run over all of them )
    2. People with peanut size brains...
    3. Rug brushing, my whole skin gets unpleasant goosebumps and weird feeling goes through my teeth
    4. People who stand on the left on the escalator on the underground stations.. It clearly says 'STAND ON THE RIGHT' :facepalm:
    5. People who walk and suddenly decide to stop, especially during peak times :erm:
    6. People making out in public, I don't mean cheek kissing but actual tongue kissing, groping each other, come on why don't you just have sex right there :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    -people not replacing the toilet paper
    -people dumping stuff on my desk ALL the freaking time
    -people not using their car indicators
    -pedestrians who walk directly behind you car just as you start to reverse
    -"unexpected item in bagging area"
    -when it starts raining cats and dogs predictably JUST as I'm about to leave the house
    -losing socks and thus ending up with giant sacks full of odd socks
    -when people don't separate their pants from their trousers before throwing their clothes in the washing basket
    -spending ages cooking a meal only to then have people grumbling that they didn't want that for dinner
    -neighbours
    -people, just people in general, I'm not a people person - most people annoy me in some way or other, apart from my family
    -people who type "could of"
    Damn. I'm sorry to hear that but I can kind relate to some of these things. and the 'unexpected item in bagging area' one made me laugh! and that actually annoys me too. and I don't drive but I had a feeling that would annoy drivers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Dry mouth noises
    Eating with your mouth open
    Talking while eating
    Slamming your knife and fork on your plate thinking your Dave Grohl
    NHS Receptionists
    the dentist receptionists erk me so frickin much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wong26)
    Spitting while you talk
    People leaving a room w/out closing the door on their way out
    I couldnt agree more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    I know right. I just want to fly kick them. But I'm too short for that ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    1. People taking over the whole pavement, especially narrow ones (if I had a tank, I'd run over all of them )
    2. People with peanut size brains...
    3. Rug brushing, my whole skin gets unpleasant goosebumps and weird feeling goes through my teeth
    4. People who stand on the left on the escalator on the underground stations.. It clearly says 'STAND ON THE RIGHT' :facepalm:
    5. People who walk and suddenly decide to stop, especially during peak times :erm:
    6. People making out in public, I don't mean cheek kissing but actual tongue kissing, groping each other, come on why don't you just have sex right there :erm:
    ahaaaaa. LOOL. i know PDA is cute, IN MODERATION. but they should also be considerate for all the lonely singletons who have to watch their nastiness.

ReputationRep:
    Bad table manners.
    Phlegm round the corners of the mouth.
    I have also been subject to being near someone who has the ****ing nerve to snort so obnoxiously loud like to clear their sinuses. I mean, really, guy? :rolleyes:

It's so bad that I just tried it myself and I couldn't even commit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dani California)
    I know right. :rolleyes: I just say to them, "Are you ****ing kidding me. " I wouldn't advise anyone to handle situations the way I do, though hehe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anayaaa)
    ahaaaaa. LOOL. i know PDA is cute, IN MODERATION. but they should also be considerate for all the lonely singletons who have to watch their nastiness.
    I don't mind kissing into lips or cheeks but other stuff should be left behind the doors at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anayaaa)
    One of my biggest pet peeves are seeing people with dry hands, cracked/crusty feet or dry skin in general. I don't know why but I just can't stand it. Moisturising is essential for me because I like soft skin. Sorry for ranting but yeah what are some of your biggest annoyances??
    LOOOOOOOOOLZ XD ... ahem- sorry...

Too bawse for you, sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    I don't mind kissing into lips or cheeks but other stuff should be left behind the doors at home
    Tell me about it. I was like 14 (22 now) and I had this boyfriend who would lift his shirt up over his head while we're on the bus/train or walking. To show me his abs :eek: and then he'd grab my bum and do all this craziness I mean oh my God.

And there's this erogenous zone behind the knees and he'd frisk it. He threatened to flash me his knob. So I ran from him and he was calling after me down the road, attracting the attention of very sticky beaked rabbis. They asked me if I'm okay, as if my bf was endangering me :confused: lmao.

ReputationRep:
    People who chew their food loudly. So loud that you just want them to choke and die.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    -Loud eating, eating with your mouth open, burping whilst eating, farting whilst eating...
    -People who stand and talk in the middle of busy corridors/pavements....Happens at sixth form ALL THE TIME.
    -People who use incorrect abbreviations or do not use proper English (Unless its not their first language) ect.. My mum says texts "textes" and says Specifically "Pacifically":mad:
    -People who walk slowly because they're on the phone...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.