Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study politics and Durham is my first option, it simply seems perfect for me (I'm very focused on my studies and don't mind the nightlife) but you can't really count on getting into Durham so, what other Unis are like Durham? by that I mean, with a really academical, political atmosphere and where most people put their degree first? Is Bath like that? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnLFC)
    I want to study politics and Durham is my first option, it simply seems perfect for me (I'm very focused on my studies and don't mind the nightlife) but you can't really count on getting into Durham so, what other Unis are like Durham? by that I mean, with a really academical, political atmosphere and where most people put their degree first? Is Bath like that? Thanks
    It's a pity you didn't get any answer,so far.From my pov the closest to Durham are StAndrews and York.All of them have the same university-town concept and good national and global reputation.
    Hope that helps.Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is too late for you, but I've visited Durham and Warwick and they had a very similar atmosphere - relaxed and academic at the same time, very friendly, lots of 'non-laddish' social activities - I'll be putting Durham as my firm and Warwick as my insurance due to their similarities despite one being non-campus and one being campus. Both unis are not to large so you would have ample opportunity to meet likeminded people to have academic conversation/laughs with. Hope this was of some help

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.