Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've a degree in film production a 2:2, i couldn't get any jobs or real contacts in 3 years so i did my second choice and chalked up a lot of experience but no health and social qualifications because i have work and little time for a full time education what are my odds of getting into uni for my first choice, child nursing? I've gotten quite a lot of experience over 2 years, camp america, working in schools mainstream and special needs and i've experience in working in a hospital in the pediatric ward.

ReputationRep:
    You do have qualifications if you have a 2:2. If you're wanting to do nursing you need plenty of experience. Have you thought about an nvq alongside work? That is doable part time and fits in with your work
    As long as you have some experience, can apply this to nursing and are willing to work hard then why shouldn't you get in? Do you have a-levels etc? Not all applicants have qualifications in health care when they apply. For a lot of people it's a change in their careers etc.
    It all comes down to your personal statement, application of your experience and what type of person you come across as at interview.
    They need to ensure you are the type of person that knows what the course entails and can deal with the hard work the stress and the juggling of life alongside it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i've all my A-Levels all A's, i hope to make a big impression in the interview if i'm given a chance.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a-levels and your degree then you will meet the academic entry requirements. It's then about putting forward a good personal statement and then if invited for interview applying yourself at that.
    Many people on the course come from various backgrounds etc so everyone has their own reasons for being there. Some are straight from school and others have had families and other jobs before wanting to go into nursing. So don't worry too much! Best of luck with it all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.