Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Success Stories - Getting together with someone in your friendship group? watch

Announcements

As Title states, anyone got any success stories? Or horror stories?

Considering asking out a close friend of mine.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her. Your exact words don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've never been in one but two of my closest friends did and boy did it mess up a lot of things lol They went out for a long time and eventually all of their close friends turned their backs on them and thought the relationship was too cringe and it even separated me from one of my best friends. Not only that, the girlfriend was a troll to him and would always act depressed to get her boyfriends attention and would say the most absurd remarks. The guy on the other hand acted WAY too serious even for a relationship in secondary school. Whenever things didn't go his way, he would get all mopy and childish and go home. There were periods of tension between the two and it was undoubtedly a bad relationship seeing as the rest of our year hated them because they were head boy and senior student and had apparently always had this "elitist vibe" about them after hearing some other people. Just recently they were on a break and are now considering breaking up since they both moved to different sixth forms and the girlfriend has now found someone new that she likes so there's that. TL;DR In my witnessed case, it was bad. Although I encourage the OP to ask out the close friend of his despite my terrible witness account :P

(Original post by NightShroud99)
    Well I've never been in one but two of my closest friends did and boy did it mess up a lot of things lol They went out for a long time and eventually all of their close friends turned their backs on them and thought the relationship was too cringe and it even separated me from one of my best friends. Not only that, the girlfriend was a troll to him and would always act depressed to get her boyfriends attention and would say the most absurd remarks. The guy on the other hand acted WAY too serious even for a relationship in secondary school. Whenever things didn't go his way, he would get all mopy and childish and go home. There were periods of tension between the two and it was undoubtedly a bad relationship seeing as the rest of our year hated them because they were head boy and senior student and had apparently always had this "elitist vibe" about them after hearing some other people. Just recently they were on a break and are now considering breaking up since they both moved to different sixth forms and the girlfriend has now found someone new that she likes so there's that. TL;DR In my witnessed case, it was bad. Although I encourage the OP to ask out the close friend of his despite my terrible witness account :P

:o:o:eek:

hahaha...ehh thanks. Also how does everyone know my gender on anon?

ReputationRep:
    "Please rate some other members before rating this member again"

I know who you are OP hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :o:o:eek:hahaha...ehh thanks. Also how does everyone know my gender on anon?
    I dunno, just guessing

(Original post by Anonymous)
    :o:o:eek:

hahaha...ehh thanks. Also how does everyone know my gender on anon?
    Because in our society girls are usually less inclined to ask out guys. They would probably ask something like 'how do I let him know that I like him' etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.