Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everybody,

I just received an offer for the War Studies MA program.

I searched through the forums but couldn't find much information at length regarding employment prospects for War Studies MA graduates.

Are there any War Studies MA alumni here or anyone that knows one that could discuss employment prospects with their degrees? Are there any graduates that moved to the U.S. after completion of studies?

Thanks,

Ian

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ian.

I've almost finished my application for MA War Studies. How did you find your application? & Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

The application was pretty straightforward. The only parts that took me a while were the personal statements and requesting a letter of recommendation (reference letter) from an undergraduate professor (I graduated five years ago).

I submitted everything in mid-December and received an offer last week, just to give you an idea of the timeline for my situation. I actually thought it was pretty quick response as I was expecting to hear back in February.

I did not apply anywhere else. I was considering the War Studies program at Birmingham, but I decided to just go with Kings.

How about you? Where else did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SLCE30318is)
    Hi there,

The application was pretty straightforward. The only parts that took me a while were the personal statements and requesting a letter of recommendation (reference letter) from an undergraduate professor (I graduated five years ago).

I submitted everything in mid-December and received an offer last week, just to give you an idea of the timeline for my situation. I actually thought it was pretty quick response as I was expecting to hear back in February.

I did not apply anywhere else. I was considering the War Studies program at Birmingham, but I decided to just go with Kings.

How about you? Where else did you apply to?
    Nice. I've just finished my final exam of the term, so I'll be spending the next week writing my personal statement. & yes that does sound quite speedy. I don't plan to apply anywhere else.

Have you seen possible modules you might find interesting?

Congratulations & Sorry I couldn't answer your OP!

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, gotcha. No worries at all. I am writing to the alumni office for the department to see if I can reach any alumni.

Right now I'm pretty keen on modules like East Asian Securities. How about you?

I'm still debating on whether I will want to accept the offer or not, as it is quite pricey for an international student plus the cost of living in London for a year!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.