Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've been going with my boyfriend now six months and up until the last few weeks or so, everything has been amazing. My last relationship was one which I got cheated on in, so I had a hard time with trust issues, by my boyfriend has completely made me forget about trust worries and jealousy is not even a thing. He's a gentleman, and never stops showing that he loves me, we talk every day, see each other about three times a week and are on the same page about our future. Only problem is that I feel I've fallen out of love, and I really don't know how this is possible giving how special he makes me feel. I know that he is my biggest fan and any decision I make he will support me on it. I'm not sure if it's the relationship that has something wrong with it or if it's something like school(applying to uni and exam stress) that's affecting it, not sure if I should break up or just keep trying harder to make us work any advice would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    It's not unusual to fall out of love with someone; sometimes it lasts and sometimes it doesn't.

The main issue I think is that you don't want to lead him on, especially if he's still in love with you. It's a tough decision but maybe try giving it a few more weeks until the stress dies down a bit, and if you still feel the same, break up with him, if that's what you want. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Six months is generally how long the "honeymoon period" of a relationship is deemed to last, in which everything is exciting and new and you're infatuated with a person. When that fades and you start to really get to know eachother, those feelings are replaced with familiarity and affection, then later love. So it sounds to me like you've come out of the infatuation of the honeymoon period, which you had mistaken for being in love with him, and now your relationship is in a new stage. If there is nothing else wrong I'd advise you to stay with him and see how your feelings develop. I mean, you at least still like and fancy him, right?

I definitely do still fancy him and care for him a whole lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been going with my boyfriend now six months vs. Only problem is that I feel I've fallen out of love
    With all due respect, I'm not convinced you were in love to begin with. It tends to take a lot longer than that for a fully formed, mature minded, adult, to genuinely fall in love with someone. You're young, and may love him, but that's a different proposition

he is my biggest fan
    Girls don't tend to want a fanboy, funnily enough, it's not attractive

not sure if I should break up or just keep trying harder to make us work
    It's simply not possible for you to transform the guy into the type of man who takes your breath away, sorry. The right thing to do is the old "I think we're better as friends" speech, or equivalent, asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been going with my boyfriend now six months and up until the last few weeks or so, everything has been amazing. My last relationship was one which I got cheated on in, so I had a hard time with trust issues, by my boyfriend has completely made me forget about trust worries and jealousy is not even a thing. He's a gentleman, and never stops showing that he loves me, we talk every day, see each other about three times a week and are on the same page about our future. Only problem is that I feel I've fallen out of love, and I really don't know how this is possible giving how special he makes me feel. I know that he is my biggest fan and any decision I make he will support me on it. I'm not sure if it's the relationship that has something wrong with it or if it's something like school(applying to uni and exam stress) that's affecting it, not sure if I should break up or just keep trying harder to make us work any advice would be greatly appreciated
    I think perhaps you like having somebody there for you and somebody around who loves you. He clearly is into you, but if you're having doubts and there isn't a spark- then why waste your time with him?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.