Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can i study gem if i get a good score on the ukcat, gamsat, 1st-2:1 on biomed, without a levels. Ive got into biomed through the btec level 3 with is equivalent to 3 a levels.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for the medical schools that run a GEM course and state that they don't look at A-Levels as part of their selection criteria. I think there are only 3 or 4 of these though. However, just bear in mind admissions policies may change by the time you apply.

ReputationRep:
    2:1 is fine. You need to do well in the UKCAT/GAMSAT and have good experience of healthcare (shadowing, volunteering, preferably working in it). Academics less important so long as you meet the requirements.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.