Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, a friend and myself run an artist in residence house in Porto, Portugal. We don't make money from it, we don't want to make money from it (we won't sacrifice our ideals). We simply want to offer a cheap place for folks to explore their creativity, have real freedom and have an oppurtunity to connect with others.

The reason I am posting on TSR is because we want to diverge the way artists come to us because we find it is mostly the worst sort of professional artist who applies. These kind of artists don't need us and most the time they aren't that artful either. I invite you to share with Porto your artfullness.

Interesting things can happen in this house. It is in a central location, with history among artists, punks and anarchists in Porto. There is something genuine about this house. This house has seen pain, but also love. It has a light side and a dark side, but that makes it interesting and real. This house has lived. There are always between 4-6 artists here at any one time.

Normally residencies are filled well in advance but we have one last minute vacancy, from the 18th January till the end of February. So if you fancy something spontaneous, get in touch.

So far, I am only posting this on the Goldsmiths page (hope you take that as a kind of compliment). If you yourself are interested, contact us (PM) or if you know someone who might be interested let them know.

PM me for more details.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.