Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where to start when making a business at 15 yrs old? Thanks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am 15 years old and I started repairing phones and tablets about 8 months ago. It started as a hobby fixing for friends and then I started buying, repairing and then selling on eBay for a bit of money.minstarted simple and now I repair very difficult phones/tablets. I'm really interested in technology and love this sort of thing. I now make about £30-£70 on each device depending on parts and initial price cost. (Usually around £50 I make).
    Basically I want to start a small business at 15 yrs old and don't know how to start. I do GCSE business studies but that's about it.
    any help would be appreciated and I need to think of a good business name!
    thnaks again Lewis

ReputationRep:
    This is an old post but just in case you are still working on that idea, I would keep doing what you are doing on ebay. Many people make a living selling on ebay and amazon. Some do it as a part-time job and others do it full-time. I remember seeing on Amazon, a new addition called Amazon services. I've seen it on the US site, I don't know if the UK site has it, too.

You could also expand your presence within your circle of friends and family. Talk about it, write about it on facebook. Tell your family to tell their friends and colleagues at work. You could also post it in the local paper. You may even consider increasing your base fees so that someone with a newer model/complicated phone would pay more considering how much buying a new iPhone would cost them and the fact that there may not be other people offering the same services. I don't know of anyone who has gone to get their phone repaired by an independent person. They usually go to the shop and if it's in their contract and product guarantee the phone company might send them a replacement. So don't be afraid of raising your fees. If it weren't for your skills, your friends and family would have to spend more to purchase a new phone.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.