Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I want to get some work experiance in events before I start uni but not sure where to look.

Have you got any experiances you can share? or any organisations that would take on young people as weekend volunteer?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AuntieKey)
    Hi I want to get some work experiance in events before I start uni but not sure where to look.

Have you got any experiances you can share? or any organisations that would take on young people as weekend volunteer?

Thanks
    Hi A good website for volunteering is www.do-it.org.uk, lots of opportunities to volunteer at events happening throughout the year for different charities in your local area. The other best thing to do would be to look online and try and find local events happening near you, on their websites they will normally list if they are looking for volunteers or people to work at their events. Hope this helps

What are you looking to study at uni

ReputationRep:
    I currently work in the events industry and the best way to start and gain valuable experience in large venues is to get work with local crews who set up the shows these guys have so many connections for any pathway wether it's production or promotional, in Leeds there is 'the needs group' who are volunteers that cater for artists in a range of ways and are always busy especially when festival season starts, hope this helped a bit and all the best
    Local crews:
    Stage Miracles
    Stage Craft
    Usual Suspects

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you mean by events! St John Ambulance does event first aid cover if you join and get trained up, where you can go to anything from small things like a Christmas light switch on to premiership football and the London Marathon, plus its great for your CV. You can expect to get behind the scenes and see how all the bits of the plan come together. And of course learning how to save a life is amazing!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.