Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    dear all, i am considering to apply for a postgrad defree in ITS of leeds university. what is their reputation, and what about the quality of research and teaching?

thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2LZ)
    dear all, i am considering to apply for a postgrad defree in ITS of leeds university. what is their reputation, and what about the quality of research and teaching?

thanks for your help!
    Hi,

I'm halfway through a MSc at ITS. I think you can probably find out all you need to know through the RAE but as far as I am aware the standard of research at ITS is considered very high. The quality of teaching is excellent on the whole. All the MSc courses are very involved because the school is relatively small and many students are foreign students. So there is plenty of opportunity in this small team to get to know the staff and fellow students well. They are also very pro-active in getting students involved with employers and the University offers a lot of support around career planning etc. I would recommend ITS, Leeds University and Leeds as a whole. It's a decent place to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Dead)
    Hi,

I'm halfway through a MSc at ITS. I think you can probably find out all you need to know through the RAE but as far as I am aware the standard of research at ITS is considered very high. The quality of teaching is excellent on the whole. All the MSc courses are very involved because the school is relatively small and many students are foreign students. So there is plenty of opportunity in this small team to get to know the staff and fellow students well. They are also very pro-active in getting students involved with employers and the University offers a lot of support around career planning etc. I would recommend ITS, Leeds University and Leeds as a whole. It's a decent place to be.
    thanks for the reply!

I am actually thinking about a PhD more than an MSc, so do you have any idea about whether it is very hard to get into, and more importantly, is there ample support from the school to make the study smooth and graduate in time?

Glad that you like the programme!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.