The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
This is a ****ing loony trade unless they think the injury is career threateningly bad. I think Bradford has some of the skills that make good NFL QBs for sure but so did Jake Locker. Neither showed the ability to stay healthy for a season. One is retired the other has just been traded for a 1st round pick and then some. Bradford hasn't had an injury free season since 2010 and has 2 ACL injuries on the same knee. He's not a guy to spend a 1st rounder on for potentially one season of production.

He doesn't have to be a good qb he only has to stay healthy and keep the ball and the Vikings will have a chance.

Spielgod did overspend but sometimes you have to take a risk and based on the Rams trade for goff this looks like a bargain.
Justin Forsett, Andre Williams, Ronnie Hillman and Mark Sanchez all released.

If the Vikings had just waited they could have kept hold of their draft pick AND got a QB that can stay healthy.
Reply 2402
That Houston 110 yard kick 6 is a bit special isn't it. Oklahoma looked very iffy from what I saw.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Justin Forsett, Andre Williams, Ronnie Hillman and Mark Sanchez all released.

If the Vikings had just waited they could have kept hold of their draft pick AND got a QB that can stay healthy.

But it would have been Mark Sanchez.
Original post by SmashConcept
But it would have been Mark Sanchez.

He's not that bad, buttfumble aside.
they (the Vikings) could have tried to get Sanchez, but the Cowboys signed him early before officially allowed to do so...
Reply 2406
Wisconsin! LSU played a horrible first half but you can only beat what is in front of you. Fournette's quest for a National Championship starts off rocky.
Original post by Wattsy
Wisconsin! LSU played a horrible first half but you can only beat what is in front of you. Fournette's quest for a National Championship starts off rocky.

Bit of a cheap shot by the LSU player at the end
Reply 2408
Original post by joecphillips
Bit of a cheap shot by the LSU player at the end

Yeah I wasn't watching that closely when it happened but having seen the replay it is a massive cheap shot. That guy is probably missing some time.
Oh man season finally dawning upon us. Its been too long :h:
For real. Its seemed so long away after the superbowl but it's gone so quick!
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
He's not that bad, buttfumble aside.

I would have tended to agree a couple of seasons ago, but I think the evidence is mounting. Losing a roster spot to Trevor Siemian is a bigger deal than the buttfumble.
I guess I'll do my end of preseason spot on Tampa as usual. Inaccurate as ever, mainly opinion based, but there we go.

Best case scenario: 9-7

Looking at the state of our schedule this is going to be a tough year under new leadership. To have a winning season, we are realistically going to have to win 3-4 of our divisional games, not an easy task when your up against Breesus, SuperCam and well... Matty Ice isn't so much of an issue but Julio Jones and Freeman make life a little more difficult. When I look at the rest of the schedule the must wins in my eyes lie at SF, SD, Chicago and Dallas.

Offensively, things will look very similar to last year. With any luck Winston will continue to develop and game manage with a strong run game and potent deep threats. Where our season will be won and lost will be on defence though. Both our draft and our free agency acquisitions heavily focused on the D, and hopefully getting away from Lovie's Tampa 2 will help us pressure the QB more often reducing the pressure on our secondary which has also been bolstered.

Players to watch

O: Ali Marpet; Keep a close eye on our first year Guard. Went about his business quietly last year, coming from a small school exceeded all expectations. As they say, games are won in the trenches. This young man will contribute hugely to this.

D: Kwon Alexander and Lavonte David; Despite the exciting new additions to our defence, David and Alexander remain my favourite players to watch in our D. Both have great line speed, decent hands for LBs, and will hopefully thrive in a new defensive scheme. Despite Alexander's ban at the end of last year both players seem to have exceptional attitudes and I expect them to lead by example.

Worst Case scenario

0-16: Winston gets hit on one of his awkward scrambles in week one and has to sit the season. Glennon, the most uncomfortable looking QB in the NFL ranks as the lowest rated QB in the league, and the frustration of losing leads to disciplinary problems in our young defence. (Dear God I'm nervous now)
After watching this the Bradford trade looks slightly better.
[video]https://youtu.be/jvnvyIdos4w[/video]
Original post by joecphillips
After watching this the Bradford trade looks slightly better.
[video]https://youtu.be/jvnvyIdos4w[/video]

He set the franchise record for comp % AND they set the franchise record for drops apparently.
Reply 2415
Sitton signs with the Bears taking the biggest cut day casualty FA off the market. Now they need to get that Center and maybe they can have an O-Line which doesn't just consist of Kyle Long plus also rans.
Reply 2416
MEANINGFUL FOOTBALL IS BACK!

We have survived the offseason.*

Hot take 1: No more Jeep Renegade on Sky Sports. Draft Kings UK takes over sponsorship.My days of reciting the ad in every time are over :frown:

Devontae Booker, first NFL carry, fumble. Not the way to begin your career.
Cam Newton just seal blocked Bradley Roby on a flea flicker. Name another NFL QB that could do that? The playbooks are out in all their glory early here.
May have been premature when I said that Benjamin has suspect hands. He's nailed a hands catch in traffic for the first points of the NFL season.
Denver's rookie fullback Janovich can ball. Massive blocks and 1 carry for a 28 yard TD.

I went to bed during Q3. There's not much to say except **** the ****ing Broncos is there? From Peyton Manning to a 7th rounder out of Northwestern who beats the Panthers in his first start. What a damn joke! The joke of it all only worsens when you discover that Cam Newton got hit in the head twice and there were no flags for illegal hits on the QB. Denver's card is marked moving forward though, everyone watched their dirty play last night so I'd expect more penalties on them moving forward. Oh and if Cam's getting repeatedly targeted to the head he should have been put in concussion protocol. Whoever is supposed to do that did a **** job. Embarrassing night for the NFL with regard to player safety. Apparently though the game was a great contest.
(edited 7 years ago)
Let's go NFL!!!

Sat on couch ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2418
Me too! Sky Sports is on. Great that RedZone is on Sky Sports Mix too, that should help grow the game.
Red Zone is just the best thing ever

Quick Reply

Latest