The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
The Jags run D is getting murdered early. This was supposed to be a good run D. And Melvin Gordon is on my fantasy bench for that reason. If this is how it's going to be the Jags are going to get rinsed. Now Jared Odrick is injured, oh god, all of last weeks hope is evaporating.

I benched Gordon in my secondary league for the same reason, same league where i got Wallace from waivers, and also benched him
Reply 2461
I'm in fire Gus Bradley mode. This is dross. You can't be this inconsistent and competently coached. It just doesn't make any sense.
I'm fairly new to American Football and I decided to watch the "Last Chance U" documentary on Netflix which follows the East Mississippi Lions on their venture to win another National Championship. In the show I heard a lot of the players saying they want to go to a an "SEC College" with a "Division 1 scholarship" but I am unsure as to what these terms really mean and it seems the college system is very complicated with all the different leagues.

How does it actually work?
Original post by Wattsy
I'm in fire Gus Bradley mode. This is dross. You can't be this inconsistent and competently coached. It just doesn't make any sense.

At least I'm not the only one in this thread completely disillusioned today. I thought we had a chance.
Reply 2464
Original post by ..DT..
At least I'm not the only one in this thread completely disillusioned today. I thought we had a chance.

I also started Jameis and am a Man U fan. Today has been the worst kind of sporting day.

I don't want to see another screen pass in the Gus Bradley era which I hope ends tomorrow morning.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wattsy
I also started Jameis and am a Man U fan. Today has been the worst kind of sporting day.

Jaboo has life in him yet haha.
Reply 2466
The Jags are playing like the Gabbert 'the kicker is our best player' Jags but this time with the punter. Brad Nortman, you have a day. He's probably going to have leg fatigue with all this punting.
Rams have won, I have no words.
Reply 2468
Original post by ..DT..
Rams have won, I have no words.

I hate that they have done it 9-3 too. Like that's not even a proper win. You sucked on offense, the other team's offense just sucked more. I think I'd have played the backup rather than a not right Wilson if I was Pete Carroll. We've seen backups getting it done up and down the league, immobile Russell Wilson is just an undersized substandard game manager.
Original post by Wattsy
I hate that they have done it 9-3 too. Like that's not even a proper win. You sucked on offense, the other team's offense just sucked more. I think I'd have played the backup rather than a not right Wilson if I was Pete Carroll. We've seen backups getting it done up and down the league, immobile Russell Wilson is just an undersized substandard game manager.

We play the rams in our home opener next week and if we dont win that im out.
Reply 2470
Original post by ..DT..
We play the rams in our home opener next week and if we dont win that im out.

I'm out until Gus Bradley is out. I don't want to spend my Sunday evenings watching a team stacked with talent prevented from winning by poor coaching and play calling.

Post-game Gus Bradley is basically giving a Brendan Rodgers interview. Good character, lack of rhythm, we will learn lessons and be back.

Lessons: Coach stupid penalties out of the team, do not try to gain 40 yards on screen passes, defence has to actually get penetration and cover receivers for more than 2 seconds to win games. Now make it happen Mr Motivator white version.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Vikings @ panthers could be moved due to state of emergency
http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/207091634-story
Original post by Sameer599
I'm fairly new to American Football and I decided to watch the "Last Chance U" documentary on Netflix which follows the East Mississippi Lions on their venture to win another National Championship. In the show I heard a lot of the players saying they want to go to a an "SEC College" with a "Division 1 scholarship" but I am unsure as to what these terms really mean and it seems the college system is very complicated with all the different leagues.

How does it actually work?

SEC is Southeastern Conference, a group of 14 university in the American South East, who have some of the most accomplished football programmes in the country.
NCAA football is divided in to three divisions, Division I colleges have extensive, well funded football programmes and give out loads of scholarships, Division 2 is in the middle resources wise and Division 3 colleges have relatively mediocre programmes and offer no scholarships or financial aid to their student athletes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bill Belichick GOAT confirmed. No Brady, no Garoppolo, no problem!
Reply 2474
While I'm happy to know that the Texans aren't actually good it would be at this point when I started investigating old Emperor Palpatine to see how, rather than if, he and his organisation cheats. Ridiculous that his team just wins regardless of who they put on the field.
Original post by pol pot noodles
SEC is Southeastern Conference, a group of 14 university in the American South East, who have some of the most accomplished football programmes in the country.
NCAA football is divided in to three divisions, Division I colleges have extensive, well funded football programmes and give out loads of scholarships, Division 2 is in the middle resources wise and Division 3 colleges have relatively mediocre programmes and offer no scholarships or financial aid to their student athletes.

Division 1 is alwo split into two subdivisions. The old Bowl Subdivision, or D-1A, and the Football Championship Subdivision, FCS. (D1-AA) In the FBS, there's the Power5 conferences which are the main factories for churning out NFL talent: the South Eastern Conference, Pacific 12 Conference, Big 10 Conference, Big XII Conference, and the Atlantic Coast Conference. Then there's the Group of 5, conferences: Mountain West Conferece, American Athletic Conference, Sun Belt Conference, Conference USA, and the Mid American Conference. Then, there's the jndependents like Notre Dame.

They are both division 1, but the old FBS teams have a lot higher operating budgets. The universities themselves are generally bigger and they can carry something like 90 scholarships instead of 65, like the FCS teams. Tony Romo and Jimmy Garropolo came out of Eastern Illinois, and FCS team. Eastern Washington, another FCS team are said to have the best wideout prospect in next year's draft in Cooper Kupp.

That said, North Dakota State, five time consecutive National FCS champions, are churning out some serious NFL talent, with the likes of Carson Wentz and Joe Haeg. Usually an FCS team has to be paid by an FBS team for a beatdown (like Idaho State, for instancewho were blown out by the likes of Colorado, and Oregon State)...but when NDSU have FBS teams, they generally win anyway., and get enough money to continue their utter domnance.They also just received votes for the AP top 25, tying with UCLA as the 27th best team in the entire nation, after beating Iowa, a power 5 school ranked in the teens.
Original post by Wattsy
While I'm happy to know that the Texans aren't actually good it would be at this point when I started investigating old Emperor Palpatine to see how, rather than if, he and his organisation cheats. Ridiculous that his team just wins regardless of who they put on the field.

Belichick knows how to play Osweiler. His slow and long release, is always going to contribute to fumbles, and bad INTs. I don't wish the guy ill, but if he had a release like Trevor Siemian, he'd be much better.

But, damn. The Pats truly look like they can go 19-0. Despite facing the AFC division winners, and the NFC West. they rolled the Cardinals week 1, whom many thought were the best team, with the best constructed roster, and a highly respected coach etc.
Malevolent has been easily silent so far this season... :holmes:
Reply 2478
Original post by TheLittlestElf
Malevolent has been easily silent so far this season... :holmes:

I don't think he's active anymore, doesn't he have something to do with the army now?
Reply 2479
Original post by jammy4041
Belichick knows how to play Osweiler. His slow and long release, is always going to contribute to fumbles, and bad INTs. I don't wish the guy ill, but if he had a release like Trevor Siemian, he'd be much better.

But, damn. The Pats truly look like they can go 19-0. Despite facing the AFC division winners, and the NFC West. they rolled the Cardinals week 1, whom many thought were the best team, with the best constructed roster, and a highly respected coach etc.

But Jacoby Brissett and company scored 27 points on that D! I haven't seen it yet but that beggars belief. Whether JJ Watt is full go or not that defense has some players.

Quick Reply

Latest