The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by ..DT..
Cards killed my acca too. Your lot handed the texans the game on a plate. They had one guy to cover, and couldn't even manage that.

The third week running that that has happened. Being **** was nowhere near as awful as being talented but gifting teams games every week.
Hello guys, I'm planning to watch the NFL London 2015 but I'm new to american football... Would you guys suggest watching the Bills vs jaguar game or the Lions vs Chiefs game ? Thank you.
Reply 1582
Original post by sunnyyiu627
Hello guys, I'm planning to watch the NFL London 2015 but I'm new to american football... Would you guys suggest watching the Bills vs jaguar game or the Lions vs Chiefs game ? Thank you.

None of the teams are particularly good at the moment so it probably won't make a difference. Just go when you can, obviously the Jags is this Sunday so if you want a ticket you'll have to move fast.
Original post by Wattsy
None of the teams are particularly good at the moment so it probably won't make a difference. Just go when you can, obviously the Jags is this Sunday so if you want a ticket you'll have to move fast.

I see. So are there any superstars in these team that will be worth it to watch? Since I'm just an undergraduate student, I prefer spending my limited amount of money wisely. lol
Reply 1584
Original post by sunnyyiu627
I see. So are there any superstars in these team that will be worth it to watch? Since I'm just an undergraduate student, I prefer spending my limited amount of money wisely. lol

Errm... the Bills have LeSean McCoy at RB, he's probably the standout star across all of the teams, the Lions have Calvin Johnson Jnr; at one point the best receiver in the NFL. Still very much in the top 5 on a talent basis but the Lions have been horrible.
I'm really excited to go down to Wembley on Sunday!! I hope it compares fairly nicely to the game day experience at Mile High. Should be a cracking game, although there's no Tyrod Taylor, Karlos Williams, Percy Harvin or Sammy Watkins among others.
Reply 1586
Original post by jammy4041
I'm really excited to go down to Wembley on Sunday!! I hope it compares fairly nicely to the game day experience at Mile High. Should be a cracking game, although there's no Tyrod Taylor, Karlos Williams, Percy Harvin or Sammy Watkins among others.

Another game the Jags should win but may end up handing to a backup.
Original post by jammy4041

Tbh in my opinion this gives us the chance of a decent matchup between the teams. Bills would walk over jags when healthy. Now it could be a battle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It sucks that the stars aren't there. But I'm not really going to complain. Also, the Ohio State Marching band -- the best in the US -- is performing at Wembley. I can't wait for what performance they'll cook up!!

In Blake Bortles and TJ Yeldon, the Jaguars have some studs for the future -- and yes, I'll happily ride that hype train. AJ Cann and Luke Joeckel are playing fantastic football.

But, I think it should be a fascinating matchup between Jacksonville's young, promising and talented WR corps and the Bills' young and up-coming secondary.

I'm not going to lie, of all the matchups, this was the one I wanted to see the most. Blake Bortles. TJ Yeldon, Julius Thomas, Paul Posluszny, Allen Hurns, Telvin Smith, Allen Robinson, Luke Joeckel, Marcell Dareus, Jerry Hughes, Mario Williams, Charles Clay, Lesean McCoy. Sammy Watkins, Ronald Darby, Stephon Gillmore, Corey Graham...there's a going to be a lot of talent on the Wembley field.
On my way to the regent Street NFL fan rally.

Well, stood at bus stop near my house waiting for national express coach to London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting in to London now. Shall be early to the fan rally.

Think I'll pick up jaguars as my afc team to support. They're a cool team that I enjoyed watching last year and can support at 'home' tomorrow. Also, if they do become a UK team they need some fans.

Is liking an NFC and afc team allowed? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As an American, I wish I was more into the NFL :\
I thought this game would be closer.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I thought this game would be closer.

Jags will still find a way to blow it haha.
Original post by ..DT..
Jags will still find a way to blow it haha.

Only takes a single bills TD to make it then a one score game... It could easily happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gerhart 4 attempts from the one yard line. Very stinky. Just nudge the fg. Make it a 3 possession game.
Original post by ..DT..
Gerhart 4 attempts from the one yard line. Very stinky. Just nudge the fg. Make it a 3 possession game.

I know. Ridiculous.

At least they stopped bills getting a TD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
NFL is dead Packers on on bye week
McCoy just got lit up.
Reply 1599
That was a huge hit! I've been simulcasting this and the Manchester Derby, this has been awesome. However the Jags second half offense woes continue.

**** our playcalling. Give the ball to the successful guy!

NFL is rigged. No other explanation here. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest