The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1740
Everytime I don't or can't watch for one reason or another, the Jags win. I wish I could make a habit of it but that would be rather dull.
Original post by iamthetruth
I am starting to lose faith in Aaron Rodgers he has messed up 2 weeks in a row

How can one lose faith in Aaron Rodgers.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How can one lose faith in Aaron Rodgers.

I still believe in him but he is part of the problem right now
Original post by SmashConcept
He's been in the league since 1998, missed one season and apart from that been one of the best in the league every year since. Ridiculous that Favre set the record so high that he only just broke it.

Thinks we should now have a moment of silence for his career. Imagine how crap you would feel setting a record like that in a game when you got your ass handed to you.
This sport can be so ****ing cruel sometimes. :frown:
Original post by ..DT..
Thinks we should now have a moment of silence for his career. Imagine how crap you would feel setting a record like that in a game when you got your ass handed to you.

Yep.

Thanks, Peyton for what you've done over the past three and a half years. It's been a wild ride, with the best three year stretch of QB play ever. All those neck surgeries and the way he's come back from them, setting QB records with no feeling in his fingertips, was something truly super-human.

Unfortunately, even Peyton is human.

He's done. Some of the greats don't know when to stop. It holds true for Baseball, Basketball (ie. Kobe), the other football, as well as NFL, but Kubiak's hand has well and truly been forced. If he's injured, he needs to be held out and fully rested. Brock Osweiler moved the chains effectively, and showed that he has the skillset for Kubiak's system -- which is proven and works. If he could just be diet-Joe Flacco, with this defense, the recipe is there in the future to compete. Spend the money on defense and o-line, move the chains, scramble when necessary, take shots deep and keep opposing defenses honest. The running game has to be better, but it's hard to evaluate it when they are behind. The running backs averaged nearly 4.5 yards per carry, but then again, adding some juice, maybe won't be a bad idea.

Kubiak isn't going to be the coach for this year, but for hopefully many years in advance, and that means sooner or later, a total commitment to his system. A lot of Peyton's INTs have been him not going through his reads because he has to force the throws because the arm strength isn't there. He has been whiffing on his progressions.

The o-line has to be addressed in the draft, and with some more infusions of talent. Joe Thomas was just too high a price, but at least due dillagence was done. How Ryan Clady will come back is going to be a very important.
Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner
This sport can be so ****ing cruel sometimes. :frown:

Helps if you can catch the ball. Same lesson the Pats learned in Superbowls XLII and XLVI :frown:
Man it sounds weird to say but I feel so down about all these injuries. Every time I go and buy a jersey they end up injured that season. Giants just know how to play us well. Was a nail biting game all throughout.

Props to Amendola though he has really shown how big he is.

and it is sad to see Manning like this.
Reply 1748
Hurns tied Bryant's TDs in consecutive games record with his 7th against Baltimore. Tennessee on TNF you have to think he gets it outright. Jags one game out of the playoffs, a nice schedule for a while. Things are looking up!
Original post by Wattsy
Hurns tied Bryant's TDs in consecutive games record with his 7th against Baltimore. Tennessee on TNF you have to think he gets it outright. Jags one game out of the playoffs, a nice schedule for a while. Things are looking up!

There's no way 7 games is the current record. Although his TD/reception ratio is impressive.

It's kinda funny watching the AFC South teams trip over themselves trying to get to the .500 that will win the division. The only upside is looking at what their NFC counterparts have managed this year after being a similar mess last year.
Reply 1750
Original post by shunter7634
There's no way 7 games is the current record. Although his TD/reception ratio is impressive.

It's kinda funny watching the AFC South teams trip over themselves trying to get to the .500 that will win the division. The only upside is looking at what their NFC counterparts have managed this year after being a similar mess last year.

Yeah I have got it wrong, he tied Bryant's 7 from 2012, in the same season AJ Green did 9. Jerry Rice being Jerry Rice did 13, that's the record.

I honestly don't mind the tripping whilst everyone else is tripping. Losing tight ones is instantly annoying but in the grand scheme with it being the cellar of the NFL for wins they've not hurt the Jags too badly. They have to string wins together now though. Surely they can't lose to Tennessee on TNF?! That gold uniform should blind the opposition anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
That Dolphins game this weekend was really, really enjoyable from a neutral standing.
Original post by Wattsy
Yeah I have got it wrong, he tied Bryant's 7 from 2012, in the same season AJ Green did 9. Jerry Rice being Jerry Rice did 13, that's the record.

I honestly don't mind the tripping whilst everyone else is tripping. Losing tight ones is instantly annoying but in the grand scheme with it being the cellar of the NFL for wins they've not hurt the Jags too badly. They have to string wins together now though. Surely they can't lose to Tennessee on TNF?! That gold uniform should blind the opposition anyway.

Honestly, it looks like someone has fried the Jags uniform. Hopefully Gratz or whatever his name isn't playing because he's absolutely garbage (well, as garbage as an NFL player can be). Mariota will pick on him and it won't be pretty if he is playing.
Reply 1753
Original post by jammy4041
Honestly, it looks like someone has fried the Jags uniform. Hopefully Gratz or whatever his name isn't playing because he's absolutely garbage (well, as garbage as an NFL player can be). Mariota will pick on him and it won't be pretty if he is playing.

Yeah he's not good. Thankfully he mainly plays nickel or does when everyone is healthy. I think the Jags will try and draft a corner and/or safety early as well as another pass rusher to play on the opposite side to Fowler. He'll play though, the Jags secondary hasn't been great at any point and they've knocked off better teams than the Titans. House played his way to a DPoW nomination last week so hopefully that sort of level can continue.
It may be me, but did it take until last week for there to be a 'review of the week' program on free-to-view TV?

(Good: on BBC2, bad: starts past midnight?)
New fan of the Cowboys and Dolphins and my boyfriend and my brother are huge fans, wants to start playing but no clue where there is any teams
Reply 1756
Original post by KhaleesiStorm
New fan of the Cowboys and Dolphins and my boyfriend and my brother are huge fans, wants to start playing but no clue where there is any teams

Give us the general geographic area of where you live and between us we'll probably be able to find a team. If your boyfriend and/or brother at at uni then the uni is likely to have a team.
Nope still in Secondry. Brother is in S1 and boyfriend and me S5. We are in Norht East Scotland
Reply 1758
Original post by KhaleesiStorm
Nope still in Secondry. Brother is in S1 and boyfriend and me S5. We are in Norht East Scotland

Aberdeen has a team? Pretty sure they're the northern-most team in the country. I'm unsure as to whether that's close enough to you bu here's the link http://www.aberdeenroughnecks.co.uk. I think they'll have sides to suit both your brother and boyfriend.
Reply 1759
Anyone watching TNF? A long shot for the neutral I know given the time and the match up but I'm excited about what should be a competitive game with a good chance of a W at the end of it.

Quick Reply

Latest