Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I have an offer to study management at Warwick and I was wondering if there's any current student who would like to share his weekly expenses. Also, is it really that expensive to always eat out?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egondargento)
    Hello everyone, I have an offer to study management at Warwick and I was wondering if there's any current student who would like to share his weekly expenses. Also, is it really that expensive to always eat out?
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

£20-30/week on food is reasonable. Assuming you're talking first year, the accommodation prices are listed on the website - living off campus usually works out cheaper, but not usually by much. And yes, it's absurdly expensive to always eat out, in almost every situation. If you're paying more than £2-3 for a meal that you're making yourself on average, then you're doing it wrong. Compare that to really any prices to eat out anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSam3)
    £20-30/week on food is reasonable. Assuming you're talking first year, the accommodation prices are listed on the website - living off campus usually works out cheaper, but not usually by much. And yes, it's absurdly expensive to always eat out, in almost every situation. If you're paying more than £2-3 for a meal that you're making yourself on average, then you're doing it wrong. Compare that to really any prices to eat out anywhere.
    Thanks. So, how much do you usually spend in total each week? (On everything, not only food)
    Also, are prices lower in restaurants and stores on campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egondargento)
    Thanks. So, how much do you usually spend in total each week? (On everything, not only food)
    Also, are prices lower in restaurants and stores on campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My rent/bills and stuff comes to roughly £100/week, assuming my mental arithmetic isn't unusually awful. Food, as I said, £20-£30. I don't drink, so that makes going out a lot cheaper, though I spend maybe £10-£20/week on various society-ish things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.