Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do some genuinely nice girls get picked on? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's just something I've noticed. It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls

ReputationRep:
    they may seem vulnerable...im a nice girl..

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of schadenfreude going down, jealous people. I know really nasty *****y girls who are really horrible to particular people and it usually seems to be that the people they have their issues with are really nice and likeable... i.e. Exactly what the mean ones desire to be but can't be. Also nice people make people question themselves and that makes them feel uncomfortable so they accuse the person of being weird or boring or something.

ReputationRep:
    Because people are utter tosspots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ebony19)
    There's a lot of schadenfreude going down, jealous people. I know really nasty *****y girls who are really horrible to particular people and it usually seems to be that the people they have their issues with are really nice and likeable... i.e. Exactly what the mean ones desire to be but can't be. Also nice people make people question themselves and that makes them feel uncomfortable so they accuse the person of being weird or boring or something.
    This is exactly why my flat mate hates me however she says I'm a "horrible *****y person with no communication skills"

However I don't accuse her of anything I don't bother with her but she still wants to glass me!

She's lovely :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    This is exactly why my flat mate hates me however she says I'm a "horrible *****y person with no communication skills"

However I don't accuse her of anything I don't bother with her but she still wants to glass me!

She's lovely :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My friend, seriously move out or get a different flat mate.

Jeez what's wrong with her?? And how come she's your flatmate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls
    That's so true. They're effectively saying "why aren't you being a whore, you're making me feel bad for being one, be a whore now"

ReputationRep:
    That's so true. They're effectively saying "why aren't you being a whore, you're making me feel bad for being one, be a whore now"
    It's weird because its happens to me too. I get guys and girls calling me pretty and then some guys and girls calling me ugly then I think, "What the hell did I do to make you hate me?"

ReputationRep:
    I think ppl are insecure of other ppl and jealous that they are like that, and they are not. They dont want anyone to be better than them

ReputationRep:
    My friend, seriously move out or get a different flat mate.

Jeez what's wrong with her?? And how come she's your flatmate?
    Unfortunately I didn't get to chose my flatmates when I applied for accommodation.

She has also said she wants to smash my other flatmates face in.
    The 4 other girls (yep all girls flat - I hate it) are fine.
    When her and the other girls applied they knew each other from last year and wanted two new people. However me and my other flatmate think she can't cope with new people and has a personality disorder.

She had a massive long rant at me because I left my iron out one day.

The last two (who applied to live with her) are really quiet and don't say anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's weird because its happens to me too. I get guys and girls calling me pretty and then some guys and girls calling me ugly then I think, "What the hell did I do to make you hate me?"
    What you did was...

Be pretty, get attention and not be a big fat show off for it.

ReputationRep:
    What you did was...

Be pretty, get attention and not be a big fat show off for it.
    Girls can be so unbelievably *****y. One girl in particular doesn't like me because there's rumours that her ex (a good looking and a genuinely nice guy) likes me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Unfortunately I didn't get to chose my flatmates when I applied for accommodation.

She has also said she wants to smash my other flatmates face in.
    The 4 other girls (yep all girls flat - I hate it) are fine.
    When her and the other girls applied they knew each other from last year and wanted two new people. However me and my other flatmate think she can't cope with new people and has a personality disorder.

She had a massive long rant at me because I left my iron out one day.

The last two (who applied to live with her) are really quiet and don't say anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well she sounds like an absolute treasure! I just don't get it why people waste their energy like this it's like calm down conserve energy for doing things you enjoy and make you feel good rather than ripping into other people to make yourself feel better and getting ridiculously worked up in the process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Because people are utter tosspots.
    This applies to so many situations.

ReputationRep:
    Girls can be so unbelievably *****y. One girl in particular doesn't like me because there's rumours that her ex (a good looking and a genuinely nice guy) likes me
    Well that's clearly your fault as well! Change your face right now!! Pft yeah or maybe just get on with your life like she isn't doing lols all round

ReputationRep:
    What exactly qualifies as a whore?

ReputationRep:
    Well that's clearly your fault as well! Change your face right now!! Pft yeah or maybe just get on with your life like she isn't doing lols all round
    Hahaha the thing is I don't even believe I'm pretty :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It's just something I've noticed. It's normally the pretty girls who don't like selfies and attention either that get hostility from guys and girls
    We might be pretty but we are also wallflowers. Has anyone ever treated a wallflower nicely at first encounter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomu)
    We might be pretty but we are also wallflowers. Has anyone ever treated a wallflower nicely at first encounter?
    Not all the time no

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha the thing is I don't even believe I'm pretty :confused:
    Well by the looks of things you might be so she's gonna just have to deal with it hehe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.