Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to start by saying i got my mock grades back and the only one i am really interested about is maths. I got a C in my mock but my target grade is an A, i know i am capable to get an A but its just that feeling when i am in that seat it all just feels different, firstly how do i address this so i dont get nervous.
    Secondly i want to know how you actually revise and what is best, like what did you do to get the top marks and when did you start i have 5 ish months till the exam so what do i have to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King-s)
    I want to start by saying i got my mock grades back and the only one i am really interested about is maths. I got a C in my mock but my target grade is an A, i know i am capable to get an A but its just that feeling when i am in that seat it all just feels different, firstly how do i address this so i dont get nervous.
    Secondly i want to know how you actually revise and what is best, like what did you do to get the top marks and when did you start i have 5 ish months till the exam so what do i have to do?
    Heya, so first of all im not gonna tell you EXACTLY what to do, as I'm going through GCSE's myself - at tthis moment in time I am doing mocks and I'm just gonna tell you what I do for maths.

Maths is a subject that is really hard to revise for, you can't use flash cards, mind-maps etc so all I can really say is PRACTISE. Just keep going over everything and im guessing you're doing the higher paper so you should practise the B-A* grade questions like simultaneous equations and surds - these questions often have 5/6 marks available

Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if u can say before the real exam, that i dont want to sit at the front or the back as im really uncomfortable and i cant work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessAisha)
    does anyone know if u can say before the real exam, that i dont want to sit at the front or the back as im really uncomfortable and i cant work
    Um, I'm not sure but only last week someone asked to move from the front as the heater was on and it was distracting her and they let her move. I guess it depends on the school and if there's any spare seats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGurl)
    Um, I'm not sure but only last week someone asked to move from the front as the heater was on and it was distracting her and they let her move. I guess it depends on the school and if there's any spare seats
    No, I'm like when u get ur seating plan could u tell me if ur allowed to move or like beforehand

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm like when u get ur seating plan could u tell me if ur allowed to move or like beforehand
    I highly doubt it, as you're sat there because ur exam is there - and most schools have more than one exam paper going on at the same time so if you ask to move it could mess up their system - you'll have to ask ur teachers for a definite answer

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, as you're sat there because ur exam is there - and most schools have more than one exam paper going on at the same time so if you ask to move it could mess up their system - you'll have to ask ur teachers for a definite answer
    Oh thanks for the help, is cuz i can do a exam at the front or the back its so uncomfortable

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks for the help, is cuz i can do a exam at the front or the back its so uncomfortable
    Ugh I know how you feel, we have really uncomfortable seats at my school too, i can't concentrate at all lol

ReputationRep:
    Heya, so first of all im not gonna tell you EXACTLY what to do, as I'm going through GCSE's myself - at tthis moment in time I am doing mocks and I'm just gonna tell you what I do for maths.

Maths is a subject that is really hard to revise for, you can't use flash cards, mind-maps etc so all I can really say is PRACTISE. Just keep going over everything and im guessing you're doing the higher paper so you should practise the B-A* grade questions like simultaneous equations and surds - these questions often have 5/6 marks available

Hope I helped
    This is really true! I'm doing my GCSE's at the moment too, and the only effective way I know to revise Maths is to practise. Also a lot of the time, topics in past papers are the same- just a different scenario, wording and example. Usually filled with the same kind of content. So if you practise pretty much every past paper you can, you're bound to do well! Good luck. Got my maths mock at the end of this week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farah1234)
    This is really true! I'm doing my GCSE's at the moment too, and the only effective way I know to revise Maths is to practise. Also a lot of the time, topics in past papers are the same- just a different scenario, wording and example. Usually filled with the same kind of content. So if you practise pretty much every past paper you can, you're bound to do well! Good luck. Got my maths mock at the end of this week
    I'm kinda scared about maths though - its my weakest subject lol but good luck for your exams

ReputationRep:
    Math is easiest to revise for.
    Practice.
    Practice.
    Practice.
    Oh, did I mention practice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.