Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have an interview in Plymouth (Marjon) and I was wondering if anyone would know the common questions that are asked?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for the physical education secondary education QTS course... I am assuming that the interviews were very similar. If so, I was asked:
    Why I wanted to become a pe teacher especially secondary.
    What qualities and experiences I have that would make me a good pe teacher.
    They asked what I would do if I child's parent complained saying they wanted their child to play hockey but the school you work at does not teach hockey what would you do....
    That's all I can remember at the moment if I remember the rest I will let you know! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucfreeman)
    Hi, I applied for the physical education secondary education QTS course... I am assuming that the interviews were very similar. If so, I was asked:
    Why I wanted to become a pe teacher especially secondary.
    What qualities and experiences I have that would make me a good pe teacher.
    They asked what I would do if I child's parent complained saying they wanted their child to play hockey but the school you work at does not teach hockey what would you do....
    That's all I can remember at the moment if I remember the rest I will let you know! Good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks so much Lucy! How did you find the interview? X

ReputationRep:
    That's ok, when is your interview? If you have any other questions you think I could help with let me know :-)
    I was very nervous at the start but they really relax you as they give a talk first and I then realised that it's actually quite informal!
    I think the main thing is just to be confident and not show nerves! And with the dancing, as long as you give it a go and don't be embarrassed they are happy with that! Because everyone's in the same boat.
    What are you going to do your teaching episode on?
    Good luck! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's this week Thanks so much!
    Ah right really that's good to know do they do the dancing for the subject knowledge assessments? Haha that'll be fun!!
    I'm going to do gymnastics what did you do yours on? You have to link it with one of the aims from the national curriculum haven't you?! My knowledge of the national curriculum isn't the greatest I've read over it and assessed it like they said but still worried haha! Xx

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean subject knowledge assessments? I don't think we had to do that in our interview! Unless I just don't know what you mean haha!
    With mine I planned for netball but then they changed it and instead of teaching what we planned we had to teach something they gave us... I got volleyball which was ok. Don't worry though they won't do that for the post grad course he said it's just for the course I applied for!
    I think the reason they mention the national curriculum is just to see if you take interest in what's going on in education... I spoke about how the national curriculum has got a lot more competitive in the past year and then I mentioned some articles I had read... Articles are really easy to find... There's one about Michael Grove cutting funds for physical education in schools (I can't remember what it's called but easy to find!
    I think they just want to hear that you have an opinion!
    Sorry I feel like I'm sounding like a know it all, it's just that for the past two months all I was doing was preparing for interviews and now they are over I still can't stop talking about it haha!
    Good luck I am sure you will be fine you sound pretty prepared!
    May I ask - why Marjon? I'm currently trying to decide what uni to firm... Marjon or brighton and am really struggling with the decision! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the practical assessment there's two parts one is the teaching episode and the second is subject knowledge it says: you will be involved in a practical movement based activity that will enable you to embed movement skills and show understanding of what makes performance effective.
    Yeah you might not have needed to do it!
    Oh did you, why did they change it?
    Yeah exactly! Aww brilliant thanks for your help Lucy. Nooo not at all!! You've been very helpful and I appreciate it!!
    I know someone that's doing primary education there and they always say how supportive and lovely they are.
    It's an amazing place and you'll feel at home
    Congratulations for getting in to both unis! x

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.