Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I applied to Edinburgh in October for English Language and Literature with predicted grades A*AA with AABD at AS (the D was put in my reference as being down to bad teaching as that was a major problem with that subject in my school last year) and I'm resitting the B (history) because I got a C in one of the papers :/ but I should get at least AAA this year.

My GCSEs were 2A*, 6A & 2B, I've heard back from my other universities and have offers from them but Edinburgh hasn't replied yet but I know a few people who were rejected within a couple of days so I'm guessing it's a good sign that I haven't been?

Is it likely I'll get an offer? Also, when do Edinburgh usually send their offers out?

Also, if you know, what will the offer likely be if I get one? The entry requirements are BBB but I doubt it'll be that, I'm just curious what it'll be.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaudelaireLucky)
    I applied to Edinburgh in October for English Language and Literature with predicted grades A*AA with AABD at AS (the D was put in my reference as being down to bad teaching as that was a major problem with that subject in my school last year) and I'm resitting the B (history) because I got a C in one of the papers :/ but I should get at least AAA this year.

My GCSEs were 2A*, 6A & 2B, I've heard back from my other universities and have offers from them but Edinburgh hasn't replied yet but I know a few people who were rejected within a couple of days so I'm guessing it's a good sign that I haven't been?

Is it likely I'll get an offer? Also, when do Edinburgh usually send their offers out?

Also, if you know, what will the offer likely be if I get one? The entry requirements are BBB but I doubt it'll be that, I'm just curious what it'll be.

Thanks
    I think that Edinburgh can wait until around March to give out their offers so I wouldn't worry yet They also might wait until after the ucas deadline to give out their offers if the course that you are applying for is competitive.

I applied to Edinburgh for geography, and I got an offer within a couple of weeks, so it really does vary depending on the course.

Your past and predicted grades are strong so I don't think they will hold you back.

Hope this helps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.