Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I achieved BBB at A-level (narrowly missing out on AAA/AAB but that's irrelevant I guess). I only got CC in Maths and English GCSE but I'm on for a 2.1 in History and Economics from the University of Manchester, which I'm sure I will get.

Many places want a B in Maths and English GCSE and I cannot offer this.

My plan is to move back home in London and live at home for the first two years of the contract whilst I'm doing the exams and to save money for a deposit for a house/flat.

I've applied to a few places but haven't been successful. I was wondering what the chances are for me to find a contract in London, or SE England? I don't mind if its at a small firm as I'm more interested in the qualification than big corporations. My CV is decent and I've had numerous part time jobs, summer jobs, volunteering with the university and some sport but I'm guessing most other graduates will have this too.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    At what stage are you getting rejected? You sound like you've got a similar CV to me, I hadn't done any accounting work experience but I had stronger A levels and GCSEs than you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapeau Rouge)
    At what stage are you getting rejected? You sound like you've got a similar CV to me, I hadn't done any accounting work experience but I had stronger A levels and GCSEs than you do.
    Initial stage. I'll have another shot at PwC in a month's time and also have NAO to apply to if I get my app in in time.

For my initial PwC application I passed the tests but did really rubbish on the personality questionnaire.

For the two smaller firms I've applied to, one filled their vacancies and the other rejected me. I guess I've only had 2 rejections so far.

Any tips?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.