Helsinki - 24 Year Olds

Watch
amb543
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Good Afternoon TSR,

Me and a few friends are thinking of going Helsinki at the end of August.

Can you recommend some things to do please:

1. Sight Seeing
  2. Nightlife
  3. Restaurants
  4. Sport Events
  5. Stadium Tours
  6. Anything else?

Thanks,
amb543
amb543
Rep:
?
Anyone?
amb543
Rep:
?
bump for finland
StBebe
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Haha why do you want to go to Finland? Nah Helsinki's alright, although the lack of responses to this thread could be interpreted to indicate otherwise =P You should go see Suomenlinna, it's an island fortress off the coast of Helsinki. The old centre is quite pretty, you should see the cathedral (the white one), the Uspenski cathedral (the other one), the main building of the University of Helsinki and Kalasatama. The University is a public institution so you should be able to have a wander around inside if you feel like, just like you're a new exchange student and no one will question your right to be there =) As for events, check out http://www.lippupalvelu.fi/?language...guageSwitch=on. I really don't go out much in Helsinki (it's quite expensive) but check out this website: http://www.visithelsinki.fi/en/stay-and-enjoy/nightlife. Cheaper meals can be had at University of Helsinki restaurants, UniCafé, although their website only seems to be in Finnish.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (738)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (928)
42.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (413)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.37%

Watched Threads