Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering because I've heard some rumours about Aberdeen being a relatively homophobic place and university. Can anyone shed some light on this?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so, but I've never actually been to Aberdeen. I will punch every homophobic in the face, okay? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. I've never heard about it being homophobic, though. I haven't come out to my family, but my friends were all really supportive.

ReputationRep:
    As a student at Aberdeen I would say it's neither gay friendly or homophobic, sort of neutral. The locals have a reputation for being more 'traditional' but I have never encountered a problem with them. There is a gay bar in town, near the station. The university has a LGBT society hope I have been of some help xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollybeth)
    As a student at Aberdeen I would say it's neither gay friendly or homophobic, sort of neutral. The locals have a reputation for being more 'traditional' but I have never encountered a problem with them. There is a gay bar in town, near the station. The university has a LGBT society hope I have been of some help xx
    Which bar is this?! I've been here 15 years and never heard of it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazar)
    Which bar is this?! I've been here 15 years and never heard of it :/
    http://cheerzbar.co.uk/

i've only been a few times with some gay friends and it's not the best place in the world, but i imagine it's nice to know it's there

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.