Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pop/Punk Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Punk/Rock, Pop/Punk etc. whatever pairing you want to talk about this is the place to do so

I'm just looking for like-minded people who love pop/punk music. This is a place where we can all talk about our fav bands and songs etc.

So lets get started!

Who are your fav pop/punk bands?
    What is your fav song by them?

Mine are;
    Blink-182 - Aliens Exist
    The Story So Far - Roam

I have no idea if there is already a thread for this so apologies if there is. I couldn't find one anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronhaar)

Always find pop/punk so hard to describe, too many genre names floating around! Absolutely love TSSF though, saw them live in November.

Favourite Bands/Songs:

New Found Glory - Hit Or Miss
    Patent Pending - Anti-Everything
    (Old) Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Goin' Down
    A Day To Remember - The Downfall of us All
    State Champs - Remedy
    Four Year Strong - Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die
    The Story So Far - High Regard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Always find pop/punk so hard to describe, too many genre names floating around! Absolutely love TSSF though, saw them live in November.

Favourite Bands/Songs:

New Found Glory - Hit Or Miss
    Patent Pending - Anti-Everything
    (Old) Fall Out Boy - Sugar We're Goin' Down
    A Day To Remember - The Downfall of us All
    State Champs - Remedy
    Four Year Strong - Heroes Get Remembered, Legends Never Die
    The Story So Far - High Regard
    Love State Champs and NFG!
    I've not listened to ADTR for years! Might check them out after. I agree on you with the old fall out boy being better haha :P

ReputationRep:
    Love State Champs and NFG!
    I've not listened to ADTR for years! Might check them out after. I agree on you with the old fall out boy being better haha :P
    Depends if you like the heavier stuff of ADTR, if you do then stick with anything pre-What Separates Me From You. I didn't think much of the last album, was a bit mis-matched at times.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you like the heavier stuff of ADTR, if you do then stick with anything pre-What Separates Me From You. I didn't think much of the last album, was a bit mis-matched at times.
    Yeah I like some heavier stuff depends on my mood

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I like some heavier stuff depends on my mood

Opinions on Slam Dunk as a music festival?

Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Tbh its got a lot of bands playing there who I listen to (or have listened to but still like). I've never been but would love to go to one in the US just for the weather and outdoor atmosphere.

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh its got a lot of bands playing there who I listen to (or have listened to but still like). I've never been but would love to go to one in the US just for the weather and outdoor atmosphere.

Yourself?
    First festival I went to. Didn't go to 2014, the lineup wasn't for me, but 2013 was absolutely brilliant.

Managed to see so many bands or at least catch some of their sets, I like the idea of third wave/ska punk running alongside the normal pop punk/metalcore/post-hardcore vibes they got going. Four Year Strong gave the best set I've ever seen from a band and the energy The Streetlight Manifesto chucked out from stage has only been equaled a couple of times from the bands I've seen live. It's a nice little festival, held over the bank holiday weekend to make it accessible and it holds a more personal feel than Soni/Bloodstock/Download.

ReputationRep:
    All time fav soft bands will always be fall out boy, switchfoot, the script, breathe carolina

If you're after new (slightly rough) bands Palisades is amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasnacks)
    All time fav soft bands will always be fall out boy, switchfoot, the script, breathe carolina

If you're after new (slightly rough) bands Palisades is amazing
    I swear I used to listen to them ages ago...the name rings a bell haha! (Palisades)

ReputationRep:
    First festival I went to. Didn't go to 2014, the lineup wasn't for me, but 2013 was absolutely brilliant.

Managed to see so many bands or at least catch some of their sets, I like the idea of third wave/ska punk running alongside the normal pop punk/metalcore/post-hardcore vibes they got going. Four Year Strong gave the best set I've ever seen from a band and the energy The Streetlight Manifesto chucked out from stage has only been equaled a couple of times from the bands I've seen live. It's a nice little festival, held over the bank holiday weekend to make it accessible and it holds a more personal feel than Soni/Bloodstock/Download.
    I went to Download in 2012 and it was amazing apart from the mud haha!

ReputationRep:
    I swear I used to listen to them ages ago...the name rings a bell haha! (Palisades)
    Well their first album was a few years back I think? so you probably did hah
    I only like the new stuff though

ReputationRep:
    Absolute favourite band is Fall Out Boy. Favourite songs are Saturday, Hum Hallelujah and Hand Of God. I prefer pre-hiatus fob but Uma Thurman is really catchy
    I also like Blink-182 -- Dammit
    You Me At Six, All Time Low, Paramore, My Chemical Romance and Green Day but I don't really have favourite songs for those

ReputationRep:
    Sleaford mods

http://sleafordmods.bandcamp.com/alb...les-collection

Good Throb

http://goodthrob.bandcamp.com

TEAR OFF YOUR ****
    FEED IT TO THE DOG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatacrydonnie)
    Absolute favourite band is Fall Out Boy. Favourite songs are Saturday, Hum Hallelujah and Hand Of God. I prefer pre-hiatus fob but Uma Thurman is really catchy
    I also like Blink-182 -- Dammit
    You Me At Six, All Time Low, Paramore, My Chemical Romance and Green Day but I don't really have favourite songs for those
    This is pretty much my list but FOB, I actually really enjoy the album Save Rock And Roll. MCR - the whole of the Danger Days (their last) album 😍 and Panic! At The Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out (their first album) is my fav but I love all of their music really ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lagwagon, NOFX, Bad Religion, Pennywise anyone?

ReputationRep:

SLAM DUNK WAS SO GOOD LAST YEAR!!! Got my tickets for this year sorted, so so excited!

ReputationRep:
    It is what it says on the tin!

I'm just looking for like-minded people who love pop/punk music. This is a place where we can all talk about our fav bands and songs etc.

So lets get started!

Mine are;
    Blink-182 - Aliens Exist
    The Story So Far - Roam

I have no idea if there is already a thread for this so apologies if there is. I couldn't find one anyway...

BLink 182 are fab, feeling this is such a good song!
    The new atl one is so catchy tooooo!
    Rage against the machine- killing in the name is always a good angry college song ;3
    Has anyone heard of Deaf Havana? Theyre amazing!
    Ooh and Lower than Atlantis!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessjanesanders)
    BLink 182 are fab, feeling this is such a good song!
    The new atl one is so catchy tooooo!
    Rage against the machine- killing in the name is always a good angry college song ;3
    Has anyone heard of Deaf Havana? Theyre amazing!
    Ooh and Lower than Atlantis!
    I used to listen to LTA religiously a year or two ago! I need to get back into them :P
    And I prefer Deaf havana's old stuff e.g. nicotine and alcohol...

ReputationRep:
    LTA are fab >.<
    And yes! Deaf Havanas old stuff I love, anemophobia / filthy rotten scoundrel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.