The Student Room Group

Guildford college-Merrist wood

This is one of my options for next year I want to do the foundation in Animal behavior then top up to a Bsc, anyone been to this college to do a degree or for college that could tell me what your experience has been?
I'm currently studying the BSc Animal Behaviour & Welfare at Merrist Wood having done the 2-year Foundation degree, and absolutely love it! The tutors are really knowledgeable and approachable, and the teaching methods are really varied We get to go on a variety of trips and often have guest speakers in. During each of the first two years you do 5 weeks of work experience, which I found invaluable in helping me decide my career path, as well as providing me with good industry contacts.

The Animal Management Unit is currently going through a rebuild, due to be completed this Autumn. The plans look great, and I'm just gutted I'll have left before its completion!

I hope this info is useful in your decision. Good luck in your future studies,

Annie
Reply 2
Original post by annief1234
I'm currently studying the BSc Animal Behaviour & Welfare at Merrist Wood having done the 2-year Foundation degree, and absolutely love it! The tutors are really knowledgeable and approachable, and the teaching methods are really varied We get to go on a variety of trips and often have guest speakers in. During each of the first two years you do 5 weeks of work experience, which I found invaluable in helping me decide my career path, as well as providing me with good industry contacts.

The Animal Management Unit is currently going through a rebuild, due to be completed this Autumn. The plans look great, and I'm just gutted I'll have left before its completion!

I hope this info is useful in your decision. Good luck in your future studies,

Annie

Thank you so much for the reply, after making a big mistake with the uni I picked this year its good to hear from the student what its really like outside of a glamed up open day! Really excited to be picking this college for first choice. Hope you have a great last year x
Thanks very much, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :-)

Quick Reply

Latest