Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best thing about childhood Watch

ReputationRep:
    What was the best thing for you about being a kid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How easy it was to make friends, you just needed to be in the same play area or going down the same slide and you were instantly best friends

ReputationRep:
    No 3000 word essay due at 9am the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Homework that was finished in 10 mins on a friday afternoon, leaving lots of time to play around.

ReputationRep:
    didn't have to make any major decisions

ReputationRep:
    The best thing for me was that your decisions and actions won't have a huge impact on your life.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evening)
    No 3000 word essay due at 9am the next day.
    Ditto.
    1/10 complete.

Attached Images

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Having lots of spare time to play Animal Crossing.

ReputationRep:
    Being completely unaware of other people being sentient beings!
    Freaking rocked.

ReputationRep:
    goofing off without having to explain it much or having the police yell at ya

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    didn't have to make any major decisions
    I chose to transfer to another primary school when I was a first grader, and I chose which grammar school to go to when I was a sixth grader. Also, which musical instruments to learn and not learn.

Quite potentially have changed my life.

---

My younger brother was given the choice to choose between two kindergartens as well, so I probably had the choice, too.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much having time to do whatever you felt like doing without having the reminder at the back of your mind that you will be doing exams at the end if the year.

ReputationRep:
    No exams, No essays, No Homework that takes more than 15 minutes to complete

ReputationRep:
    Didn't have to worry about school or exams. Playing outside with my siblings was really fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going to sleep on the sofa and waking up in your bed the next day

ReputationRep:
    The lack of responsibility, the innocence and light hearted fun attached to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clh_hilary)
    I chose to transfer to another primary school when I was a first grader, and I chose which grammar school to go to when I was a sixth grader. Also, which musical instruments to learn and not learn.

Quite potentially have changed my life.

---

My younger brother was given the choice to choose between two kindergartens as well, so I probably had the choice, too.
    didn't ask you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white boy)
    didn't ask you
    I act proactively.

ReputationRep:
    The carefree nature of it all. As a kid you think adults spend all their time having fun and getting to make the rules, but you don't know about school work in sixth form and university, finding a job, sticking to a budget, having to pay for things with your own money, having to look after yourself, etc.

When you're a kid you don't realise how carefree you actually are. All your needs are met by other people.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to spontaneously sprint down the street or spontaneously jump my way down a staircase were personal highlights!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.