Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello so here is the problem my mum always wants me to wear the clothing she no longer wants but i hate how she dresses she like tight clothing jeans I like stuff that are very loose I hate jeans. She gets cross as i hate stuff with cleaveage and the stuff she wears I am uncomftorable she gets angry I don't want her to be angry but I want to feel comfy I like track suits I especially love loose pants however for winter and autum loose pants are not very warm and track suits are only. Any advice is just my mums style is not me and her firends sometimes give her clothes which in my opinion are definitely ugly and uncomfy I am not trying to sounds like spoilt but I like modest loose clothing very loose with no cleavage I just feel comfy in loose clothing

Also only cotton or cashmere 100% or wool no polyester only organic materials as in my opinion non organic materials are dangrous as they do not breathe my mum does not understand me I feel scared i will pass out because of being too warm and passing out I feel safe that I will not pass out if I have organic clothing.
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Maria1812)
Hello so here is the problem my mum always wants me to wear the clothing she no longer wants but i hate how she dresses she like tight clothing jeans I like stuff that are very loose I hate jeans. She gets cross as i hate stuff with cleaveage and the stuff she wears I am uncomftorable she gets angry I don't want her to be angry but I want to feel comfy I like track suits I especially love loose pants however for winter and autum loose pants are not very warm and track suits are only. Any advice is just my mums style is not me and her firends sometimes give her clothes which in my opinion are definitely ugly and uncomfy I am not trying to sounds like spoilt but I like modest loose clothing very loose with no cleavage I just feel comfy in loose clothing

Also only cotton or cashmere 100% or wool no polyester only organic materials as in my opinion non organic materials are dangrous as they do not breathe my mum does not understand me I feel scared i will pass out because of being too warm and passing out I feel safe that I will not pass out if I have organic clothing.
You don't sound spoilt at all! If my mum told me I had to wear her hand me down clothing I would have told her to jog on. This is a weird situation, is your mum quite young?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reptilian
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Wow so your mum wants you to dress like a **** basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lyrical_lie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reptilian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are jeans being a "****"?

And to OP just tell her you don't like them? However maybe if you're starting to get a bit older she doesn't want you wearing tracksuits and such. To me if you're not doing something sporty or just kicking about the house you shouldn't really wear tracksuits? Also maybe she can't afford to buy you new clothes? Especially if you're only going to wear organic or 100% cashmere etc? I used to get loads of stuff from my mum. However she would more suggest I can take some of it rather than force it upon me. Just talk to her. Communication is the key

Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reptilian)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't say ****, but the situation is quite odd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gott der Zweite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just tell her you don't like them, surely it isn't unusual for girls to want to express themselves in clothes, so she should understand
k3ro
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you'll have to talk to her about this. She's not gonna magically know unless you tell her.

Can you buy your own clothes? If she can't afford to buy you a new wardrobe then you might have to start saving up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads