Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Final justification of freedom of speech. watch

ReputationRep:
    Since the attack in Paris there has been much talk about freedom of speech and that is must be defended. With all the secularist arguments for freedom of speech making little headway against the Muslim arguments of they are being offered and discriminated against.

I am a Protestant, not only that I am a Loyalist Reactionary High Tory of the Church of England. The secularist arguments of modernity and progress, meaning we have had freedom of speech for a long time and it is better than the alternative don't hold any sway with Muslims.

So I thought I must put forward the Protestant argument in defence of freedom of speech. It is very simple everybody must be free to speak the word of God. This is a Protestant statement which comes out the Glorious Revolution and the compromise between the new Monarch William of Orange, the Anglican High Tories who brought him to power and the Puritan non-Conformist Whigs to create the founding document of the British state called the English Bill of Rights.

So the final justification of freedom of speech comes from God, would any Muslim like to deny God his justification? Or secularist deny the English Bill of Rights.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.