Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I took a crash Higher in French :( as if this wasn't bad enough I have an awful teacher. I really don't understand the language but I have tons of writings to do tonight for tomorrow and I don't even understand the questions! Can you translate them for me?

1. Tristan apprecie la liberte qu'il a en vacances chez ses grands-parents. Et vous? Est-ce que vous avez assez de liberte dans la vie? Trouvez-vous que les adultes imposent trop de regles - a la maison, au college or en vacances, par example?

2. Aurelie nous parle de sa vie dans une grande ville. A votre avis, quels sont les avantages et les inconvenients d'habiter dans une grande ville? Avez-vous l'intention de quitter votre ville pour suivre votre carriere?

3. Et vous? A votre avis, quelles sont les attractions principales en Ecosse? Qu'est-ce qu'il y a faire en Ecosse? Que pensez-vous des touristes?

I'm not asking for answers as such but if you can think of useful phrases that would be suitable then please say, it would really help :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannyMorrison)
    Sadly I took a crash Higher in French as if this wasn't bad enough I have an awful teacher. I really don't understand the language but I have tons of writings to do tonight for tomorrow and I don't even understand the questions! Can you translate them for me?

1. Tristan apprecie la liberte qu'il a en vacances chez ses grands-parents. Et vous? Est-ce que vous avez assez de liberte dans la vie? Trouvez-vous que les adultes imposent trop de regles - a la maison, au college or en vacances, par example?

2. Aurelie nous parle de sa vie dans une grande ville. A votre avis, quels sont les avantages et les inconvenients d'habiter dans une grande ville? Avez-vous l'intention de quitter votre ville pour suivre votre carriere?

3. Et vous? A votre avis, quelles sont les attractions principales en Ecosse? Qu'est-ce qu'il y a faire en Ecosse? Que pensez-vous des touristes?

I'm not asking for answers as such but if you can think of useful phrases that would be suitable then please say, it would really help :')
    The first one is asking about how much freedom you have and if adults impose too many rules (at home or at school etc.). The second one is asking for advantages/disadvantages of living in a city, and if you would move because of your career. The third is asking about tourism in Scotland (what there is to do and what you think of tourists).

All of them are asking for your opinion; for sentence starters you might want to use phrases such as 'A mon avis...', 'Je suis d'avis que...', 'Quant à moi...' etc.

The second one looks perfect for using a 'si' clause (for example 'si j'avais un emploi dans une autre ville, je quitterais ma ville parce que...)

For the third one you could use your own 'experiences' (even if you have no experience of Scotland. You could just lie about going for long, tiring walks in awful weather in the highlands. No-one will care).

Finally for qs 1 and 2, make sure you come down on one side at the end, maybe using 'En somme...' or 'En guise de conclusion...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShannyMorrison)
    Sadly I took a crash Higher in French as if this wasn't bad enough I have an awful teacher. I really don't understand the language but I have tons of writings to do tonight for tomorrow and I don't even understand the questions! Can you translate them for me?

1) Tristan appreciates the freedom that he has in the holidays at his grandparents' (home). What about you? Do you have as much freedom in your life? Do you find (/feel) that adults impose(have/give) too many rules - around the house/at home, at school, or on holiday, for example?

2) Aurelie is speaking to us about her life in a big city/town. In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a big town? Do you intend to leave your town to pursue your career?

3) What about you? In your opinion, what are the main attractions in Scotland? What is there to do in Scotland? What do you think of (the) tourists?

EDIT: Just seen that someone has already replied (I started writing the reply and then went to do something else and came back to it), still, the exact translation may be of use.

My only advice would be to take that of the person above me.

Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.