Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really like this girl, and we message quite frequently, however sometimes she doesn't reply to the message on facebook and it is not marked as being 'seen', even though it says 'active now' or 'active x minutes ago', so I send her another one and it is usually fine, but now she hasn't replied after 4 messages, nor has she 'seen' any of them, even though it says 'active now' or 'active x minutes ago' I'm wondering whether she is ignoring the messages on purpose or what. 😒.

i think you know the answer to that son.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably busy. Leave her alone.

Some people read messages/texts but don't feel like replying straight away for whatever reason. I do it all the time.

That "seen" or "last online" crap is ridiculous. I really hate that about WhatsApp

ReputationRep:
    Shes probably busy.

ReputationRep:
    If she has the fb and/or messenger app on her phone it often says people are active when they aren't if the app is running in the background of their phone. She may honestly not have seen the messages. Or she might be too busy to reply.
    Sending more messages is not the best move either way though really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really like this girl, and we message quite frequently, however sometimes she doesn't reply to the message on facebook and it is not marked as being 'seen', even though it says 'active now' or 'active x minutes ago', so I send her another one and it is usually fine, but now she hasn't replied after 4 messages, nor has she 'seen' any of them, even though it says 'active now' or 'active x minutes ago' I'm wondering whether she is ignoring the messages on purpose or what. ������.
    It could mean any of the following:

- She's busy and will get back to you later.
    - Her internet is down, or she is out and doesn't have access to it.
    - She's ignoring you.
    - She knows it's you, and it fed up with you being desperate and sending her 4 messages in a row.

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever actually met this girl? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Have you ever actually met this girl? :beard:
    I was asking myself that very question ...

ReputationRep:
    Push notifications on mobiles will cause Facebook to display your contacts as: 'online now / last seen x minutes ago' even if they haven't opened the app. for some time. Also, like other people have said, not everyone feels the need to respond immediately. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    1970?

Op is probably dead by now

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.