The Student Room Group

Truly tired of Labour BS on tuition fees.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by em.d_4
Pretty much everyone works so technically basically everyone is working class. However i live in one of the most expensive affluent areas of the country, my parents are both professionals who went to uni and have city jobs one in trading one in law. It's pretty much the definition of middle class, i only didn't go to private school because we have some of the best state schools around in my area.
That can't really be compared to coming out of working class scunthorpe, and living on minimum wage can it.

Meh. You're not upper class. So you're working class. The designation of middle class makes it seem like you're on the way to becoming upper class when you're just working class with money. The money silences you and therefore makes you side with upper class elitists.

It's hard to explain but the term middle class is a way of making yourself seem distant from the issues the working class have. It's all a ruse to divide us.
Reply 81
Original post by saayagain
Meh. You're not upper class. So you're working class. The designation of middle class makes it seem like you're on the way to becoming upper class when you're just working class with money. The money silences you and therefore makes you side with upper class elitists.

It's hard to explain but the term middle class is a way of making yourself seem distant from the issues the working class have. It's all a ruse to divide us.

Sounds like a way to make lower class people look crap and make upper class people feel like an untouchable elite to me
Original post by em.d_4
Sounds like a way to make lower class people look crap and make upper class people feel like an untouchable elite to me

Nope. Don't be afraid to face reality. Those who are not upper class should come together. This will enable them to realize that the main reason for their suffering is the upper class and as long as they stick together all their lives will be better.

But you want to appease the lower classes by splitting the classes into working class and middle class. This is the biggest drag on revolutionary change.

It's ok if you want to disassociate yourself with the working class. Just don't complain about the 'middle class' being treated unfairly when it comes to student grants.
Reply 83
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Green for all the fat lot of good it will do.

Well...https://www.facebook.com/thegreenparty/photos/a.93577690784.89476.20995300784/10152569847760785/?type=1&comment_id=10152569939655785&notif_t=photo_reply

(Im the guy comparing UKIP to nettles)

A fear and loathing of those below you and an admiration to those above you.
A fear and loathing of those below you and an admiration to those above you.

Who? Me or the term middle class lol?
Original post by Quady
Even though the students of surf science have gone on to well paying grad level jobs...?

You don't like people earning more and decreasing your tax burden?

Even that (except they don't).

Surf Studies is a hobby, not a qualification.

How about you give me a degree in picking my nose and eating it?
Who? Me or the term middle class lol?

That can be the middle class conservative mind set.
Reply 89
Nope. Don't be afraid to face reality. Those who are not upper class should come together. This will enable them to realize that the main reason for their suffering is the upper class and as long as they stick together all their lives will be better.

But you want to appease the lower classes by splitting the classes into working class and middle class. This is the biggest drag on revolutionary change.

It's ok if you want to disassociate yourself with the working class. Just don't complain about the 'middle class' being treated unfairly when it comes to student grants.

The thing is i don't suffer?
I may not get as much loan as i think i should but other than that I am far from suffering. I don't expect grants i am very aware of why i get no grant and don't have an issue with it but loans shouldn't be means tested for students. Especially when you compare my life to man man others in this country it would be wrong, and rather down playing their struggles to say that i suffer at all.
That can be the middle class conservative mind set.

Yep. I agree. Sell outs!
Original post by em.d_4
The thing is i don't suffer?
I may not get as much loan as i think i should but other than that I am far from suffering. I don't expect grants i am very aware of why i get no grant and don't have an issue with it but loans shouldn't be means tested for students. Especially when you compare my life to man man others in this country it would be wrong, and rather down playing their struggles to say that i suffer at all.

Because your parents have money you don't suffer. Get them to pay your tuition and living costs if you have that much money and don't suffer.
Reply 92
Original post by billydisco
Even that (except they don't).

Surf Studies is a hobby, not a qualification.

How about you give me a degree in picking my nose and eating it?

You make it sound like my chemistry degree wasn't a hobby.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8259015.stm

You do that do you...?
Yep. I agree. Sell outs!

More delusion if you ask me.
Vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party! They are honest in saying they will only scrap tuition fees for anyone called Grant.

They also have lovely policies such as the introduction of a 99p coin to save change and that the school run once a week should be replaced by a hop.step and jump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending