Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your definition of a slut? Does it even exist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What constitutes a girl being called a 'slut' in this day and age and is there a male equivalent?

i've been having heated debates with people about this topic in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Woman who has sex with loads of people- Slut
    Guy who has sex with loads of people- Stud

That logic

ReputationRep:
    I don't like calling other women that word.

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't.

Mebby if she does it for money or doesn't like the guys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

That logic
    But can I women still sleep with lots of men and not be defined as a slut?

ReputationRep:

That logic
    Why do you think its ok to be so blatantly sexist?

Seems like there are still weird peeps out there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    No it doesn't.

Mebby if she does it for money or doesn't like the guys...
    What doesn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    But can I women still sleep with lots of men and not be defined as a slut?
    Based on society today, any woman whose slept with loads of guys is a slut. It's sad people slut shame tbh its not their sex life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    What doesn't?
    Still exist.

It hasn't for the last 20-25 years really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Why do you think its ok to be so blatantly sexist?

Seems like there are still weird peeps out there...
    I'm not being sexist I'm saying how it normally is with most people

ReputationRep:
    I'm not being sexist I'm saying how it normally is with most people
    Seems you're perpetuating it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Seems you're perpetuating it...
    Well I'm not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Still exist.

It hasn't for the last 20-25 years really.
    Hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Based on society today, any woman whose slept with loads of guys is a slut. It's sad people slut shame tbh its not their sex life
    I really disagree with this. All my groups of friends I've had in my 21 years of existence have never called each other sluts or studs as insults or compliments. Any time I saw anyone call anyone else a 'slut' it was always banter and without malicious intent.

I'm convinced the 'hur durrr slut/stud dubble stundurd' is greatly exaggerated. Sure it exists, but nowhere near the level portrayed here.

It's not 'society today' it's a bunch of feminists with a victim-complex.

ReputationRep:
    A woman that can't hold her hormones and has sex with more than 1 person per month and 5 people per year and if she has sex in highschool is just eeky to me .

A male that can't hold his hormones to any extent is a malewhore. Yes, I don't think you're a stud if you have sex with a bunch of girls - even if you are handsome. But it's not as bad as a girl that screws around I guess - I know, sexist but anyway. Not sure about a number...

If you have lots of ONS you are a bit of a pervert to me.... To put it nicely.

My opinions are very biased btw and may not fit the opinions of most western europeans-please don't judge me, I don't see sex as a physical act but as the ultimate act of love and dedication-of course it's physical but it involves so much more than that in my opinion.

That's about sex. You can also be called a slut if you dress innapropiately to get male attention.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a slut is a girl that breaks a relationship on purpose to date the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Beacuse women having sex is presumed to be the result of sincere love given their importance in the structure of the family and is supposed to be beatifull in inself simmilarly in man and woman coming together for this purpose, while man having sex has less of these conitations as he is more detatched from the family in that he can not have children and thinks himself of sex differently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    A woman that can't hold her hormones and has sex with more than 1 person per month and 5 people per year and if she has sex in highschool is just eeky to me .

A male that can't hold his hormones to any extent is a malewhore. Yes, I don't think you're a stud if you have sex with a bunch of girls - even if you are handsome. But it's not as bad as a girl that screws around I guess - I know, sexist but anyway. Not sure about a number...

If you have lots of ONS you are a bit of a pervert to me.... To put it nicely.

My opinions are very biased btw and may not fit the opinions of most western europeans-please don't judge me, I don't see sex as a physical act but as the ultimate act of love and dedication-of course it's physical but it involves so much more than that in my opinion.

That's about sex. You can also be called a slut if you dress innapropiately to get male attention.
    Okay so say for example a girl is dating a few/couple of guys and during her time dating,she sleeps with them all,is she considered a slut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    I'd say a slut is a girl that breaks a relationship on purpose to date the guy.
    That and also breaking up a home

ReputationRep:
    I don't use that term.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.