ive recently started to keep a bottle of vodka in my room and always have a swig from the bottle before i leave the house every morning to take the edge off
i wouldnt want to be on this planet without alcohol, its so beautiful
i find life monotonous without it. (doesnt matter how busy i am during the day either, so dont say get a hobby blah etc!)
am i addicted? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 11-01-2015 19:33
Offline20ReputationRep:TSR Support TeamWiki Support TeamPeer Support VolunteersPS Reviewer
- TSR Support Team
- Wiki Support Team
- Peer Support Volunteers
- PS Reviewer
- 14-01-2015 19:06
Moved to Health
- 14-01-2015 19:08
Vodka for breakfast is very bad.
You really do need to stop that.
- 15-01-2015 09:11
Yes sounds like you are. You need to stop that. Try searching for support groups in your area if that might help. Basically you need a strategy to get you off alcohol - with addictions this usually means acknowledging for yourself that you can never have that thing again.
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 15-01-2015 09:30
You need to contact AA. Drinking in the morning is not good.. I hope you don't drive!
Posted from TSR Mobile
- 15-01-2015 12:32
Some insist on total abstinence. This may not work for you, as is the case for some - including me - as alcohol is hard to avoid without redesigning your life to avoid it, which is not always practical.
There are some groups who help one learn techniques for managing ones alcohol consumption. It sounds like this is something you could also look into. This allows you to have a life but without the self-destruction and health impact.
Starting the day with alcohol is significant because it is a reliable early indicator of a serious problem being on its way, so you might want to do some research now, while it is on your mind.
0300 123 1110 (England)
0800 7314 314 (Scotland)
"Advice and information for people with alcohol problems or anyone concerned about alcohol misuse. Advice on sensible drinking and information on services to help people cut down on their drinking."
For information about alcohol check out information at www.thesite.org run by YouthNet UK, specifically drinking-alcohol.
Things that worked for me:
- never start on spirits, otherwise the day ends way too soon.
- switch from cheap lager in volume to good quality lager (no, not piss like Stella, stuff that conforms to the old Reinheitsgebot).
- switch from lager to ale. Ales are more filling and take longer drink but are more satisfying.
- keep off doubles.
- keep off chemicalised danger-piss like WKDs and ready-made chasers. They're for hen-nights to get tanked up and silly quickly, not for proper drinkers.
- aim for quality, not cost. Cheap, strong, white cider is for tramps who sleep on the streets.
- I had to give up drinking at lunchtimes, unless I accepted the fact the day ended when the drinking started. I no longer go out at lunchtime unless on holiday.
- put off having the first drink as long as possible in the day.
- the first drink cannot come before the first big meal.
- a drink with a meal is a drink with a meal, not before it.
In short: by switching to more interesting drinks with less alcohol content, more filling drinks that take longer to drink, by not drinking on an empty stomach, by starting later, by aiming to extend the process of getting drunk before getting slaughtered, I found a way to manage my drinking that didn't destroy relationships.
If that doesn't work, then total abstinence may be worth a try for a period to see how that goes.
- 16-01-2015 00:00
Possibly, probably not. It's like saying I play ps4 for 30 mins before I go out am I addicted to ps4? (obviously not)