Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I do it a lot, I'll get something from my crush or she'll say/do something and I'll get all excited and hopeful. It hasn't really happened with this crush specifically, but in the past it has, and I have been unable to distinguish between liking me back the same way, or just as friends.

I've liked her for years. We've had a couple of moments, like a kiss/make out session, a long lingering hug and a moment when our foreheads were locked for 5 mins at least with us both looking into each other's eyes.

I got invited to her Prom, which was very special to her obviously to me too, she wore this long red dress, and she just looked incredible.

Anyway, I may have let it slip that I loved her ... and the following day she sent "Wonderwall" by Oasis and "I love you" by Woodkid. I know it's silly, I know it's childish, but I thought: "what if?".

She's quite extroverted, proper social bee, and has lot of people around her including guys - but when she's with me it's different, she's shy, nervous, always shaking and stammering.

I don't want to bore you with the nitty-gritty of why I love her so ... but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well it is a positive sign mate. At least she is still talking to you and showing you interest.

Carry on as normal and don't try to escalate things too quickly I'd say.

(Original post by C_tinie_D)
    Hmm well it is a positive sign mate. At least she is still talking to you and showing you interest.

Carry on as normal and don't try to escalate things too quickly I'd say.
    Well that's good ... I'm so glad I have a chance at this - it's been far too long.

ReputationRep:
    you'll never know until you go for it

(Original post by thefreakoffreaks)
    you'll never know until you go for it
    "Go for it"?

ReputationRep:
    Does she need to spell it out for you?!?!

It's pretty obvious she likes you, although I don't really understand your question.

(Original post by Reeeeyah)
    Does she need to spell it out for you?!?!

It's pretty obvious she likes you, although I don't really understand your question.
    Probably because there's a lot more to this. I didn't want to write too much in fear that this question would be ignored.

I ended up blocking her out of my life ... you can guess what I'm thinking/feeling now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Probably because there's a lot more to this. I didn't want to write too much in fear that this question would be ignored.

I ended up blocking her out of my life ... you can guess what I'm thinking/feeling now.
    I can't guess what you're thinking/feeling. Why did you block her out of your life?!

ReputationRep:
    "Go for it"?
    Well it's clear you love her and it seems like she feels the same way so what is the point of procrastinating? what exactly are you achieving by doing this expect making you miserable? how would you feel if some other guy becomes infatuated with her and asks her out? you've literally liked her for years so i suggest u do something... ask her out

(Original post by Reeeeyah)
    I can't guess what you're thinking/feeling. Why did you block her out of your life?!
    It was tearing apart. We lived in different countries, we barely saw each other. I thought it'd be best to move on - my friends and family told me so. I think I made the worst decision of my life so far.

(Original post by Itshafsaa)
    Well it's clear you love her and it seems like she feels the same way so what is the point of procrastinating? what exactly are you achieving by doing this expect making you miserable? how would you feel if some other guy becomes infatuated with her and asks her out? you've literally liked her for years so i suggest u do something... ask her out
    I loved her, but I think I always will.

I've ****ed up big time by blocking her out of my life, and if she doesn't want to talk to me again, I think I've permanently scarred myself.

How would I feel? I don't know ... but I do know it wouldn't change how I feel about her.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this escalated quickly

(Original post by tara8000)
    I feel like this escalated quickly
    And why does that matter?

ReputationRep:
    And why does that matter?
    It doesn't really.

But maybe you could've mentioned the blocking thing in the OP?

(Original post by tara8000)
    It doesn't really.

But maybe you could've mentioned the blocking thing in the OP?
    Well I've done it now ...

ReputationRep:
    By the sounds of it she likes you! Go for it but don't be too disheartened if it isn't what you had hoped Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 11, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.