Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing AAT and I want to do ACCA afterwards, to get my qualification to become an chartered accountant. I've looked at some past ACCA papers, and they kinda scared me, as I don't know if I'll be able to do it.

Anyone who is currently doing it? Is it worth it? Please help and leave any advice for me please, I'm unsure what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    There is a step up & different approach to ACCA compared to AAT. However I've found that those who have studied AAT & move onto ACCA perform very well - don't be daunted by it, a structured and applied approach & positive approach helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know quite a few people from work who do ACCA and they say its hard.
    I'm just worried about the work load, cause I plan to work at the same time and study. Do you study ACCA at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I am ACCA qualified, run an ACCA registered ac practice, teach ACCA papers & have been a member of my ACCA district society for 8 years +

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to add that that is always difficult, but by no means impossible balancing work & study

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay.
    I know I'm going to have to put the work in, but hoepfully I shall be our okay, and achieve my goals.
    Thank you for your advice. I hope to become an ACCA chartered accountants in the next couple of years
    Can i just ask how long you studied ACCA for? Did you also work and study at the same time during ACCA?

ReputationRep:
    If memory serves me right it took 3 years in total. I worked and studied at the same time - in my own experience the more difficult ( because of the demand of employers etc), but in one respect the better - you clock up the required work experience at the same time
    It may seem very cliched but for most of us, you have to put the effort in - support from family and friends is helpful but it ultimately is down to you. I don't regret it and for me the sacrifice was worth it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No need to scare. Persistant, hard-working... Early papers are doable, and half way through, you will be comfortable about the content.
    Also, just to point out, ACCA is Chartered Certified Accountant, lest the ACA lot ganged you saying we are cheating, even though ACCA is still chartered. You see, they are coveted about CA/ACA titles.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, hopefully I will be able to do it too

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what ACA is? :/
    But thanks for tip about past papers.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.