Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine brought the Sutton Trust Summer School thing to my attention today. I was wondering if attending may increase the chance of receiving an offer...

The chances of getting of me getting a place (at the summer school) are pretty slim anyway as I don't really fall under any of the "priority" conditions but I'm just wondering if it would be worth applying.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It definitely won't do you any harm to apply.

There's a section on your UCAS application which'll ask for details of preparation for higher education. (I didn't have any so it was completely blank - oops!). I think it'd be worth doing as it'll be something to talk about and could prove to be insightful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    A friend of mine brought the Sutton Trust Summer School thing to my attention today. I was wondering if attending may increase the chance of receiving an offer...

The chances of getting of me getting a place (at the summer school) are pretty slim anyway as I don't really fall under any of the "priority" conditions but I'm just wondering if it would be worth applying.
    It would probably give you insight and information about the subject you're applying for, but it wouldn't increase your chances per se.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    It definitely won't do you any harm to apply.

There's a section on your UCAS application which'll ask for details of preparation for higher education. (I didn't have any so it was completely blank - oops!). I think it'd be worth doing as it'll be something to talk about and could prove to be insightful.
    Yeah I can see this being a good reason to apply, but is it worth the effort, would having it in that section make a actual difference? Not sure.

(Original post by smile:D)
    It would probably give you insight and information about the subject you're applying for, but it wouldn't increase your chances per se.
    That's the thing... I'm not really too bothered about finding out more about the subject so I don't want to waste my time doing this if it won't really help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Yeah I can see this being a good reason to apply, but is it worth the effort, would having it in that section make a actual difference? Not sure.

That's the thing... I'm not really too bothered about finding out more about the subject so I don't want to waste my time doing this if it won't really help.
    It's a way of showing interest in the subject, but they wouldn't see it as anything beyond that. In all honesty, I would probably apply, it would give you some good things that you could research further and they'd arrange talks from admissions people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smile:D)
    It's a way of showing interest in the subject, but they wouldn't see it as anything beyond that. In all honesty, I would probably apply, it would give you some good things that you could research further and they'd arrange talks from admissions people.
    I guess it wouldn't hurt to apply. (:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.