Hi, i've just started to do my media coursework (2 magazine covers) and we have to use photoshop but we have only had 1 hour of basic training about 3 weeks ago. My teacher told me our deadline is in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to do.
Can anyone please give me some basic photoshop editing tips?
Media coursework- Photoshop watch
- Thread Starter
- 11-01-2015 20:47
- 11-01-2015 21:12
Most of it is just sheer practise. What CS # are you using?
In general though, things to remember (I'm assuming CS5 here):
- You will never have enough layers
- If you're about to edit a layer, right-click and duplicate the layer, make sure you're editing on the top one.
- Grouping layers into folders will make your life a lot easier
- Use the adjustments menu that makes each adjustment a seperate layer
-- On that note, Selective Colour is your friend
- Use a mixture of the magnetic lasso and the magic wand tool to cut things quickly
- DeviantART and Tumblr are great places to find editing tutorials
- Experiment with the blending mode for each layer