Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem that I cant access any other of my accounts. I found a solutions to this but it doesn't work for me, this is the way to solve it:There are two places to look in the registry:a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curren tControlSet\Services this path should containgpsvc key (a folder), which is responsible for service parameters and configuration.
    b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micr osoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SVCHOSTThis is the most important path you should look into, as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key #1. Below are descriptions what must be present there.
    There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup. My laptop was missing it. So, you should create multi-string value namedGPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc.
    Next, you must create a key (a folder) and name it GPSvcGroup
    Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create 2 DWORD values:
    c. First one is called Authentication Capabilities and give it a value of 0x00003020.
    d. Second is called CoInitialize Security Param and it must have value of 1.
    e. restart computer now the problem I'm getting is that I cant even go the 1st step. When I try to access registry I get an error message: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Can someone help me with this please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danu)
    I have this problem that I cant access any other of my accounts. I found a solutions to this but it doesn't work for me, this is the way to solve it:There are two places to look in the registry:a. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Curren tControlSet\Services this path should containgpsvc key (a folder), which is responsible for service parameters and configuration.
    b. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micr osoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SVCHOSTThis is the most important path you should look into, as it must contain the keys and values referred in the key #1. Below are descriptions what must be present there.
    There must be Multi-String value called GPSvcGroup. My laptop was missing it. So, you should create multi-string value namedGPSvcGroup and assign it value GPSvc.
    Next, you must create a key (a folder) and name it GPSvcGroup
    Then open newly-created GPSvcGroup folder and create 2 DWORD values:
    c. First one is called Authentication Capabilities and give it a value of 0x00003020.
    d. Second is called CoInitialize Security Param and it must have value of 1.
    e. restart computer now the problem I'm getting is that I cant even go the 1st step. When I try to access registry I get an error message: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion Can someone help me with this please?
    First off, have you tried a system restore?

Secondly, you should always make a backup of your reg settings before playing with them! :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.