Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a dude, both me and my girl are 16 and we're paying for some stupid stuff we did about two-three weeks ago. She's gone almost a week without a period, hasn't done a test (we intend to do this soon) but it all still seems pretty negative. We've talked about this a lot, and have decided that an abortion would be the best move for us. We have a couple problems to deal with first, though.

Ideally, only the two of us would know about it, since we're worried about how our families would react, this is a problem because we'd have to find a way to get out of our homes and to a clinic without our parents getting suspicious. And I think we'd have to make three visits to the hospital/clinic. The major problem is that we've done a bunch of browsing online and we can't find anywhere close enough where we could have this done. We're in the Swansea area, in case you know somewhere that can help us.

ReputationRep:
    Woah woah woah - first take a pregnancy test and do it soon. Find that out before you get all worked up - from experience there's no point in worrying when you don't know.

Stress doesn't help a period come either, and some girls do just miss them occasionally.

If the test does come back positive, well you've already decided abortion is the 'best' resolution right? What're your opinions on abortion?

Edit: and by that I mean, are you okay with it up to an early stage or later stage of development (obviously within the legal limit of 24 weeks)? That would obviously impact your decisions of when and where to make an appointment.

(Original post by Alaric III)
    Woah woah woah - first take a pregnancy test and do it soon. Find that out before you get all worked up - from experience there's no point in worrying when you don't know.

Stress doesn't help a period come either, and some girls do just miss them occasionally.

If the test does come back positive, well you've already decided abortion is the 'best' resolution right? What're your opinions on abortion?

Edit: and by that I mean, are you okay with it up to an early stage or later stage of development (obviously within the legal limit of 24 weeks)? That would obviously impact your decisions of when and where to make an appointment.
    Thanks for the quick reply, man. We aren't 100% sure she's pregnant (We've spent a lot of time looking for things that could be delaying her period), but it's a good idea to plan this out early, just in case right? We don't want this to go on for longer than it has to.

There's been a big mish-mash about our ethical opinions on this, but in the end we decided that it would be unfair on ourselves and the baby to go through with it. It's a lot more complicated than that but I'd rather not go into too much detail (To avoid derailing this thread into an ethical debate).

We both want the termination to be carried out as soon as possible, since this is all very stressful and it'll only get worse the more it's prolonged. Also, abortions become more complicated past 8 weeks, and we'd like to avoid that.

She's going to see a doctor soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She's going to see a doctor soon
    That's your best course of action - the doctor will be able to potentially recommend a reliable clinic, and she can always ask her doctor to ensure her confidentiality in this. When it comes to getting out of the house, as it were, without your parents knowing (assuming they are supportive of your relationship), dress it up as a date or say you're going into town or something. I would think they wouldn't ask further questions.

Your girlfriend's doctor will certainly be more useful in finding a clinic than I will though - so good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.