Hi,

I'm currently in my first year of IB and my subjects are as follows:
HL History
HL French B
HL English A
HL Mathematics
SL Polish A
SL Biology

However, I'm afraid I won't be able to cope with HL Maths as well as I would want to. I therefore consider dropping Maths to SL and staying with HLs in French, English and History (maybe also Polish). I would love to go into social sciences later on, PPE being my dream-course (at Oxford ideally), but I'm afraid that with that sort of subject combination unis will judge me as not many-sided enough or would have doubts regarding my mathematical aptitude. I know I can score very well doing Maths SL, but it would require a lot of effort to have a satisfying mark in Maths HL and I am not sure if it's worth the risk… So, in short, I would like to know if the switch would harm my chances of getting in or would it be ok for me to drop Maths HL and stay with only History and Languages.

Thank you in advance, I would really appreciate any help..
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:

Quick Reply