Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter if you don't believe in souls, just wanted to see if someone is in the boat or whatever...

So basically I met a guy like a week ago, and he is the nicest, most caring guy I have ever met, with such a beautiful character and soul, and we mesh so well together. We only ever spoke on the phone and texted, but we've stopped talking now. We decided because of religious reasons and as there's a slight possibility that hes going to Pakistan in september, both of us getting attached to each other would have been hell if we continued speaking, so we would be better off saying bye now.

Even though we only spoke for a week, I can't help but feel like one day we'll meet again, that our souls may 'cross' paths again for a reason, not by coincidence... He's definitely someone I would even consider marrying.

I just wanted to know, has anyone ever been through this before and ended up meeting again? I would like to hear as it would make me more hopeful. Just share your stories if you've experienced a similar thing.

Yhyh I know what you're thinking... But how can you like this guy when you only spoke for a week! Well it was no way about looks, it was about character which can be extremely attractive, and its not all the time you find someone so compatible with you. I find they're quite hard to come by.

BTW this is a very pointless thread, I know, but I've been feeling bad all day 😂
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You've found a pen-pal!

Keep up the correspondence on paper. Snail mail. Agree to never use digital media.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha i really like that idea!! Sounds nice than digital since it means you know they got the message, but you dont have to wait for one back straight away.. Which is nice.
    I might actually consider it 😂😂.. Dunno if he'd be as old fashioned tho ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (I wonder why the "😂" smileys prevent the "reply with quote" function from working. :confused: )

"Dunno if he'd be as old fashioned though" - don't ask him, tell him that is what you will both be doing! In your own words: you are really keen to hear how he gets on and would love to hear about his experiences in Pakistan. You will keep him updated with your news and the people he knows here but you'd love to hear more about his life in Pakistan. It would be great to understand how different his religious experience will be over there from here and keeping lines of communication open between Pakistan and Britain is always a good thing for international relations anyway.

Lay it on thick. He'll think he's escaping by getting on a 'plane.

He should be OK agreeing since there is no relationship more innocent than an international pen pal.

(But, in reality, there are few more intimate.)

And if it fizzles out, well, then it would have anyway.

But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worst comes to the worst, each year you might alternate between his family coming to stay with yours and your family staying with his. Cheapest holidays going, they are. And what a way for your kids in the future to see another culture.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.