Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on the following computer...

https://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NE...th-94p2196.htm

Debating buying it shortly but would just like some information from others first

Any information/Advice/Help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Was debating that one or this

https://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/Dark-Reign-94p1829.htm

ReputationRep:
    bumppp

ReputationRep:
    It depends a lot on what type of games you're looking to play but I think both are fine. Imo the first is probably going to be better for money, however I think both will run almost any game well. If you're a bit tight on cash I'd say the first but if you have the money the second is definitely worth it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply adam!

I'll mainly be playing wow, but will be playing more games as ill finally be able to lol. The witcher 3 when it comes out etc. Also be doing some uni work on it..

But u think both systems will be capable of playing most games?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack182)
    Any information/Advice/Help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
    They both have the same graphics card, and believe me that card will handle anything you throw at it with a decent cooling system. :cool:

My opinion is go for the cheaper one if you want to be careful with your money. Anything above a recent i5 CPU with a GTX 970 will handle anything with the settings on max, even ultra for some games, while still having a great fps. Its some powerful tech.

It might be worth getting the parts yourself from separate vendors, just type them into the google shopping search and you should be able to find them cheaper online if you order the list from price low->high Amazon prime has saved me so many pounds.

I'd also say that windows 7 is probably better than 8.1 for gaming, some people complain that certain steam games have issues with windows 8.1

Feel free to ask me anything, I do this for a living hah

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Really?! That sounds awesome! So it's a good graphic card then?

Yeah my laptop has windows 8 and I'm not a fan tbh, so was gonna remove windows from the pc (saving money) and get my friend to install it for me!

You've made me a lot more confident about buying one of these now lol wasn't sure whether they were that good or not.. unlike u I don't do this for a living

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would you call a decent cooling system fella?

Edit: And how would I go about jacking out 8.1 for Windows 7 if you're feeling helpful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.Bentley)
    What would you call a decent cooling system fella?

Edit: And how would I go about jacking out 8.1 for Windows 7 if you're feeling helpful?
    Best to quote me or +1 me if you want a reply, only saw your message because I was 'unwatching' some old threads lol.

Saying what a decent cooling system is, is like asking what's a good pair of trousers; each one has its own benefits/price range/compatibility.

If you're new to this, best to watch tutorials on youtube, there's millions of great vids there. Even vids on how to change operating systems, like from 8.1 to 7. Its all on there, and much easier to understand, compared to me explaining on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack182)
    Really?! That sounds awesome! So it's a good graphic card then?

Yeah my laptop has windows 8 and I'm not a fan tbh, so was gonna remove windows from the pc (saving money) and get my friend to install it for me!

You've made me a lot more confident about buying one of these now lol wasn't sure whether they were that good or not.. unlike u I don't do this for a living
    Yeah it's very new and expensive! Will remain a great graphics card for at least a few years, should get a lot mileage out of it.

It can be really confusing, getting into the world of PC gaming, but one of the best ways to learn is through youtube. You can learn quite a bit, in just a few hours! Maybe then you can start charging people for your services, like someone else in here does

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.