Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    My UCAS application is done except for the education section. With the deadline only a few days away, I'm anxious to get it finished. Regrettably, my tutor hasn't been a great help.

    I'm doing a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production, and I need to put it on my UCAS application, obviously. But the course is split in two, sort of. We did 9 of 18 units in our first year and were awarded a 'subsidiary diploma'. I got a D*, so that's one of the three final grades. But we have the other 9 units to do and we won't, of course, have our grades until later this year.

    So, when I'm entering my qualifications on UCAS, do I put everything under the extended diploma, including the units we done last year (for which we got an official certificate etc.) and just put "pending" under this year's modules?

    Or, alternatively, do I put last year's modules under subsidiary diploma and put this year's modules (as "pending") under the extended diploma separately?

    Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    Perhaps enter two separate, one subsidiary diploma with your 9 units and grades and then extended diploma with the 9 units you done and the 9 pending. That's just what I'm guessing though so don't quote me on it, but I'm doing something similar to that with my A levels.

    I did level 3 btec IT, and I put subsidiary for the first year, and for the second year I put extended diploma (which is what u will receive in june). for this years units, you put pending for everysingle one. and last years (year 1), you put the 9 units with the grade you got.

    p.s: I sent off my application off 2 months ago and received offers.
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.