Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    edit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello,

It is possible to change your application to a migrant worker part way through the year. As you have currently applied as an EU student, we will need you to reapply on the standard application form, the PN1.

You can download and print off the PN1 here:
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...15/new-student

Please send as much evidence as you can, but minimum 3 months payslips and your contract of employment.

You can send all of this to:

EEA Migrant Worker Team
    Student Finance Services European Team
    Student Loans Company
    PO Box 89
    Darlington
    County Durham
    England
    DL1 9AZ

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just to clarify, I'm a part-time student and started before 2012, do I still fill in the PN1 form or is it another form?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Sorry yes, as a part time student it is a different form.

You can email the migrant worker team on: [email protected], they will be able to advise on the correct form as a part time student.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello again,

As a part time student you would only be entitled to a Tuition Fee loan so the amount of your funding will not change.

The form you would have to fill in would be the Part Time Application.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have heard that in the past migrant workers loans given for previous years were recalled all at once, without any change in the student's status or anything like that. How likely is this to happen?
    I just don't want to receive the loan and be asked to pay it back all at once before the end of the academic year.

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BettaGris)
    Hi,
    I have heard that in the past migrant workers loans given for previous years were recalled all at once, without any change in the student's status or anything like that. How likely is this to happen?
    I just don't want to receive the loan and be asked to pay it back all at once before the end of the academic year.

Thank you
    Hi.

That will only happen if you are no longer eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker (for example: if you or your EEA family member stops working).

So long as you continue to provide the evidence the Migrant Worker team is asking for, no funding will be removed.

Thanks.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.