Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't tell people I listen to classical music. watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't tell my friends and family that I listen to classical music. Mostly Baroque music of Bach, Handel, Vivaldi, and Scarlatti. While I like this music, I listen to Beyonce a lot too, as well as a lot of powerful film music. I used to like Justin Bieber and lots of rap when I was in school, and his music made me cry. Now, I'm finding that as I get older, I'm listening to more classical music, Jazz, and indie music.

I guess I have an appreciation for anything that's artistic. But I don't tell anyone I listen to classical music, because I think it's something my grand dad would listen to, not a 19 year old like me! Though I absolutely hate Opera. Detest it as emotional drivel.

Should I keep hiding my musical taste?

ReputationRep:
    I listen to classical music, it's beautiful with real musical qualities. Tell people you listen to it, there's no shame, some people think it's interesting! I have friends and we go to the pub and talk about classical music and jazz and all that type of music! Don't be ashamed of your interests, if people don't like it, they don't have to listen it, more for you to enjoy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    wtf are you on about emotional drivel, you are not a healthy influence on their appreciation of life if you think that. I would edit your OP if I were you and you want genuine advice

ReputationRep:
    It really doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 15 year old girl and I like classical music. This is partially because I play lots of classical instruments but I love the sound

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends, if your with a group of Chinese people, I know for sure they all listen to it and most likely play an instrument themselves.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.