Turn on thread page Beta

Hey all! Thanks for opening my thread...

I was just wondering, what is everyone doing for their A2 history coursework? Do you all get to choose which topic/question you answer? I'm going to do something on Florence Nightingale... Is any one else doing a question on dear old flo? What other topics have pll chosen?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, Florence Nightingale was a chicken, Mary Seacole was the real hero.

ReputationRep:
    'To what extent were Gorbachev's policies responsible for the collapse of the Soviet Union?'

ReputationRep:
    Mine was 'To what extent was Lloyd George the reason for his own downfall?'

Too right 3232! Mary Seacole rocks

ReputationRep:
    Mine's on Stalin's rise to power, there's a LOT of reading to do for this study. Just finishing with part of Trotsky's autobiography, only 6 or 7 more massive chunks of books to go...

ReputationRep:
    I am sooo fed up with modern history (we were learning about 2006 a few weeks ago!!!) so I'm doing something as far in the past as possible. Not sure what yet, but it'l come to me

ReputationRep:
    you all get to choose your coursework titles? lucky! lol we got stuck with the russian civil war..... :mad: there is nothing more boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xx Bex xx)
    you all get to choose your coursework titles? lucky! lol we got stuck with the russian civil war..... :mad: there is nothing more boring!
    Quite alot to write about though...

ReputationRep:
    true but we only got 1000 words as well... made things difficult which exam board is everyone doing?

OCR. What about you? 1000 - That's nothing!! What a silly word limit to set for such an extensive subject! I think we have to write something like 2500 words, perhaps more.

ReputationRep:
    2500 words is apparently the limit, but they will keep reading up to 3000 and you wont get penalised for it.

ReputationRep:
    Wow - lucky you! In Scotland we have to do about 5000 words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucia_06)
    Wow - lucky you! In Scotland we have to do about 5000 words.

That would have been a dream! I had enough material for about 6000 words, but had to cut most of it out due to the limit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing "To what extent was Elizabeth I's image created or a reality?" I'm really struggling to find enough to put in it, it's not helping that the library has no books on Elizabeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    That would have been a dream! I had enough material for about 6000 words, but had to cut most of it out due to the limit.
    That sucks. I know I'll probably run over the limit - like always..lol

ReputationRep:
    "In Examining Electoral Change In The Period 1830 To 1930, How Far Can World War One Be Seen As The Main Turning Point In The Process Of Electoral Change?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Hey all! Thanks for opening my thread...

I was just wondering, what is everyone doing for their A2 history coursework? Do you all get to choose which topic/question you answer? I'm going to do something on Florence Nightingale... Is any one else doing a question on dear old flo? What other topics have pll chosen?

Well well well, i didnt think anyone else would have chosen Florence Nightingale! So why did you choose to study Nightingale then? I decided on her because im applying for medicine, and although she was a nurse its kind of related :rolleyes: So whats your question?

ReputationRep:
    I'll do something on the Crusades.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the Unification of Italy, ive read around it and it looks really interesting, can't wait to start it

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.