Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I started a course at a private university in Sept 2013 with a tuition and maintenance loan from SFE. However, for personal medical reasons in the Spring term I decided to intermit and defer my place until September 2015.

    I have been offered place at another uni (not private) which I feel has a better reputation and will be a better fit for me. I have accepted this place and am in the process of withdrawing from my previous uni.

    Could you let me know how/if this will affect my student funding, whether I will be eligible for any funding from SFE in my first year at this new uni or any following years? (My course is 4 years)

    Thank you.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    As long as you have had no other previous study, the previous year will just count as your gift year so will have full funding left for your full 4 years at the new Uni.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.