The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It was narrated that 'Uqbah bin Al-Harith said:

"I prayed 'Asr with the Prophet (ﷺ) in Al-Madinah, then he left, stepping over the necks of the people, so quickly that the people were surprised at his haste. He entered unto one of his wives, then he came out and said: 'While I was praying 'Asr, I remembered some gold that we had, and I did not want it to stay with us overnight, so I ordered that it be distributed (in charity).'"

Sunan an-Nasa'i 1365 - Authentic. See also Sahih al-Bukhari 851.

[h="1"]Fiqh-us-Sunnah Volume 004, Funerals and Dhikr, Fiqh 4.064A.[/h]

Section : Praying for the Deceased After its Burial.

After the burial, it is desirable to pray for forgiveness of the deceased and acceptance (of his conduct by Allah), because at this time he is being questioned about his life. It is reported by 'Uthman: "After burial the Prophet, peace be upon him, would stand by the grave of the deceased and say: "Seek forgiveness for your brother and pray for his acceptance, because he is now being questioned about it." (This hadith is reported by Abu Daw'ud and al-Hakim, who considers it a sound hadith. Al-Bazzar says: "This is the only report from the Prophet (peace be upon him) on this subject.) Ruzain reported: "After the deceased was buried 'Ali used to pray: 'O Allah! This is Your servant, who is now a guest of Yours, and You are the best host. Forgive him, and expand the entrance into heaven for him." Ibn 'Umar liked to recite the first and the last few verses of Surah AlBaqarah by the grave after the burial was over. (Reported by Al-Baihaqi with a sound chain of narrators.)
Nailed it :congrats:

[video="youtube;NpnDp3djl1g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnDp3djl1g[/video]
Original post by yusufu

Yea I don't know where the time has flown by! I remember using the site for my GCSE issues! Life was simple back then!

Are you talking about finance grad schemes that are three years? Go into something more interesting. Civil Service is a good one - especially FCO or DFID from what I've heard. Data/marketing analytics (where I started) is also an interesting and fast growing area in all industries and they love mathematicians cause of all the logic, stats and problem solving ability. Won't necessarily be grad schemes but you don't need to go on to a scheme if you can prove yourself without one (e.g. with a masters). Send me a PM if interested and we can have a chat.

You've given me some additional food for thoughts that I've already been thinking! Have started a ball rolling in acting/theatre. Will see where it rolls to.

I joined for my GCSEs too. Life was definitely much more simpler. We've all grown up so quickly, subhanAllah

I was working in a digital role working in data analytics in the FCO lol... How funny that you mention all that. But I shall contact you soon about it, it's difficult juggling family, work and studies though. I also worked with Deloitte + Barclays last summer, but I don't think it's for me. May Allah swt guide us (in all ways, including our careers) and keep us on the right path. Ameen.

Original post by R£SP£CT
:lol: bless. Yep. Its grown alhamdulilah. So much khair in the Ummah, particularly the youth! Good to hear. Studying? Alhamdulilah things are good. :smile:

I don't have enough time to read through posts, but there's like a new thread a month or something, masha Allah! I always go back to my old posts to find the thread (i'm lazy) and find it closed lol. I am studying my Masters part time, what are you doing? Are you in touch with any of the old ISoc-ers? Snookercraze and Topmanfaz and me ended up going to the same uni as me.

Original post by ko111
Assalaamu Alaikum! it's great to see old members back! I remember you also made the second Islamic Society thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20565888&postcount=1 awesome! :yep:

Wa alaikum assalam :smile: how are you?

Lol I think I made the fifth or sixth thread, but there was some confusion. I know two people who started off ISoc threads before me :smile: Farhan made a couple and Abbas I think.

We should see how many threads there have been in total. That'd be quite interesting. :smile:
[h="1"]Fiqh-us-Sunnah Volume 004, Funerals and Dhikr, Fiqh 4.065.[/h]

Section : Prompting the Deceased After the Burial.

Ash-Shafi'i and some other scholars prefer that a deceased (A deceased if he or she is an adult, but not in the case of a child) be "prompted" after the burial. This is based on a report by Sa' id ibn Mansur from Rashid ibn Sa'd and Damarah ibn Habib and Hakim ibn 'Umair. They said: "After the grave is leveled and the people leave, one should stand by the grave and say three times to the deceased: 'O so-and-so, say: "There is no god but Allah, I bear witness that there is no god but Allah",' 'O so-and-so, say: "Allah is my Lord, Islam is my din, and Muhammad is my prophet." And then one should leave the site." This is reported, without any comment, by Al-Hafiz in his book Al-Talkhis. At-Tabarani reported that Abu Amamah said: "When one of your brethren passes away and you have levelled the ground over his grave, you should stand by the grave's head and say: 'O so-and-so, son of so-and-so,' for the deceased will hear him, but he cannot respond. Then he should say 'O so-and-so, and son of so-and-so, whereby the deceased will sit up in his grave. Then he should say: 'O so-and-so, son of so-and-so, at which the deceased says: "Guide me, may Allah be merciful to you,' but you cannot hear him. Then he should say to the deceased: 'Remember the faith with which you left this world, and remember to bear witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His servant and Messenger, and remember that you have accepted Allah as your Lord, Islam as your religion, Muhammad as your Prophet and the Qur'an as your guide.' At this Munkar and Nakir (the two angels appointed to question the people in the graves) will hold each other's hand and say: 'Let us go! Why should we sit for a person who has been taught this."' A man asked: "O Allah's Messenger! What if one did not know the name of the deceased's mother?" The Prophet, peace be upon him, replied: "In such a case, one should call him by his first mother, Eve, and say: 'O so and so, O son of Eve).'' (Al-Hafiz in his book Al Talkhis said that the chain of narrators of this hadith is sound. Ad-Diaya' in his Al-Ahkam has also described it as a sound hadith. There is in its chain of narrators one called 'Asim ibn Abdullah who is a weak narrator.) Haithami refers to this hadith and says there are some narrators in its chain whom he did not know as trustworthy.

An-Nawawi said: "The above hadith, even if it is a weak one, would be considered a source of reference. The scholars of hadith and others agree that in matters such as virtue, exhortation to good, and waming against evil, even the weak hadith are admissible. The above hadith is, however, supported by other evidence including the hadith in which the Prophet, peace be upon him, is reported to have asked his Companions, 'pray that he be supported.' Another is the hadith about the will made by 'Amr ibn Al-'As. Both of these hadith are sound. The people of Syria still act on this, when the occasion arises, until this very day."

Both the Maliki school, according to general report, and the Hanbali school consider prompting the deceased reprehensible. Al-Athram said: "I asked (Imam) Ahmad ibn Hanbal: 'This is what they do when the deceased is buried. A man stands by the graveside and says: "O so and so and son of so and so (his mother's name").' Ahmad said: 'I have never seen anyone doing this except the Syrians when Abu Al-Mughirah died."' He transmitted something about the subject from Abu Bakr ibn Abi Maryam according to which their elders said that they used to do it. Isma'il ibn 'Ayyash related the hadith reported by Abu Amamah.
Original post by islam786
Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims. And when i speak to him it feels like i'm speaking to a wall

WaSalam.

The only thing you can really do is try to show him the real image of Islam and be patient. You can't really do more than that unfortunately. You can't force someone to believe. May Allah guide your friend.
Original post by K1NG93
WaSalam.

The only thing you can really do is try to show him the real image of Islam and be patient. You can't really do more than that unfortunately. You can't force someone to believe. May Allah guide your friend.

Ameen
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy

[video="youtube;NpnDp3djl1g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnDp3djl1g[/video]

Oh god.
That is just hilarious.:colondollar:
And people actually listen to him.
and the way he just pronounces the ح, it is like he graduated from the hollywood school of arabic.
Original post by Incredible97
Ameen

Ameen Suman Ameen
Reply 2690
Original post by Khodu
Wa alaikum assalam :smile: how are you?

Lol I think I made the fifth or sixth thread, but there was some confusion. I know two people who started off ISoc threads before me :smile: Farhan made a couple and Abbas I think.

We should see how many threads there have been in total. That'd be quite interesting. :smile:

I'm fine thanks Alhamdulillah! how are you? :smile:

this is strange here is the first thread which closed on 9/7/2006: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1837407&postcount=1 and then your thread 3 year later is number 2: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20565888&postcount=1why does it say II? lol someone's been messing about with these threads...

i'm sure there have been more this is the tenth one apparently,, listed here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=29&p=1
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by K1NG93
WaSalam.

Ameen
Reply 2692

But.. but he was a Muslim he knows Islam inside out lmao :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims. And when i speak to him it feels like i'm speaking to a wall

This description really matches someone I've come across.
[video="youtube;rlupSlwcM3M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlupSlwcM3M[/video]

Posted from TSR Mobile

He dead on nailed the shahada. :mmm:

Kinda shows why he left islam. Reminds me of someone who says he learned from scholars but then comes out with stuff like " there are no such things as female scholars". :wink:
Ameen

Ameen Suman Ameen
Im requesting you to make dua for our brothers and sisters in Syria and that Allah grant them patience and victory against their oppressors. Please remember them in all of your prayers, and may Allah accept from you.

[video="youtube;dG8qrqCDOmU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG8qrqCDOmU[/video]
Original post by Incredible97
Im requesting you to make dua for our brothers and sisters in Syria and that Allah grant them patience and victory against their oppressors. Please remember them in all of your prayers, and may Allah accept from you.

[video="youtube;dG8qrqCDOmU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG8qrqCDOmU[/video]

We have let them down, may allah hasten their ease and faraj.
Allahuma Amen.
Original post by Al-farhan
We have let them down, may allah hasten their ease and faraj.
Allahuma Amen.

Ameen

Latest

Trending

Trending